Scaling Issue

greenglove
greenglove Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
With the stream of bad decisions that have come our way, with the worst being OML's nerfbat, I want to be fair, and say that tying the difficulty of missions to the clearance level is a MUCH needed improvement. I have at least two 5 stars that I could level past 400, but have been completely unwilling to do so, because it woukd totally mess up my scaling. I felt like I was being penalized for levelling. Please make this a permanent change so that I can level my 5 stars without fear of penalty! 

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree.  They can (and should) look at tweaking the levels, but this was a fantastic idea.  Penalizing people for level their characters was so dumb.  If I had known how bad PvE was going to be, I never would have leveled my 5*s.  Now people can stop softcapping and be happy to boost up their 5*s.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep in mind that this hurts players without fully covered 5*s (which is the majority of players).  I agree that you shouldn't be penalized for progressing to 5* land, but this change is at the expense of everyone else.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I've been playing SCL8 in this pve. I was a little worried that it would be too tough for me, but it is no harder than any previous pve. I don't think 8 is 5* only land, as my powered up champed 4s outlevel most, if not all of the enemies. 

I have 26 champed 4s, and all my 5s are at 255 . I may start leveling those 5s now if this becomes a permanent thing. 

This is definitely a positive change for the game. 
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    I played CL7....very enjoyable. Finally was able to use more then my champed 5*. I was actually able to complete with all the "soft-capper" and not worry about 80k + health on Moonstone! Finally D3 did something right. Maybe I will continue to play pve! 
  • Celerial
    Celerial Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    It seems to make sense so far.  I'm still firmly in 3 land so yea, sc7 is a little tougher but I can hit progression and continue working towards my transition to 4.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    The problem with the new PvE is that scaling still works the same is PvP so now not leveling 5*s avoids penalties in PvP but causes them in PvE because now you are handicapped by not being able to play at highest levels.  I avoided leveling 5*s for this reason and have always hated the scaling in this game.  

Scaling just seems like the lazy design method.  Instead of making challenges for all levels and not giving rewards for trivial battles, like anyone else would do, we have "the punishment for successful method".  You don't progress to being able to get further into the story lines as you progress you just get to do them against the same opponents made arbitrarily harder.

Just let players choose a max level range (from a list) they are willing to deal with when selecting a event level and scale the rewards based on player and level - instead of the opponents.  When I saw level 8 had 400s that certainly scared me off.  I usually faced level 310s on level 8.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    If you can't compete, go to lower levels in PvE. Or level your 5s. PvP should be not much different, you'll see MMR give you similar opponents. Unless your most covered 5s are Banner or 5tarlord, you'll be fine. Better to wait till they're ready to champ though.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been playing SCL8 in this pve. I was a little worried that it would be too tough for me, but it is no harder than any previous pve. I don't think 8 is 5* only land, as my powered up champed 4s outlevel most, if not all of the enemies. 

I have 26 champed 4s, and all my 5s are at 255 . I may start leveling those 5s now if this becomes a permanent thing. 

This is definitely a positive change for the game. 
    scl8 isn't at it's max in this pve (unstable iso-8) for some reason, said it on the notes
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *Please use the official thread regarding the test to discuss the scaling changes. Thanks!*
This discussion has been closed.