What's wrong with BOP MMR?

Title is reasonably self explanatory - BOP MMR should be wide open as everyone is running 550s but it isn't if anything its narrower than a normal season event.

It's close to unplayable 

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It opens up after 400+.
    Until then, yes, it's the same 5 guys over and over and over and over again.
  • nitefox1337
    nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
    I always get the same 5 guys in any event.

I am new at the game so I thought it's normal.

I am playing rank 4 and 5, and don't aim much, just 600 points and leave it there.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *off to Events forum*
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    The cool thing about BOP is that you find a team someone else is using that demolished your team. And then you use that same team to demolish another team, provided that you have enough covers on all three of those characters.

And then eventually, you run out of queues and give up.  :)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The weird thing about BoP is that I keep checking the character levels to see if a match is beatable for me like I do in a normal PvP, even tho I know they're all 550.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    This event just felt like a strange simulator pvp for me.

Trying to find a team that did not have medusa carol 
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    What I find interesting about BoP is that the same players/alliances still take all placements, despite the fact that there are a great many players/alliances that basically have a completely level playing field.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skrofa said:
    This event just felt like a strange simulator pvp for me.

Trying to find a team that did not have medusa carol 
    Weird.   Lots of banding happening.  Didn't see a single carol or medusa team.  Yes I'm 5* player, but even when I saw seals I never saw carol medusa.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rod5 said:
    What I find interesting about BoP is that the same players/alliances still take all placements, despite the fact that there are a great many players/alliances that basically have a completely level playing field.
    There are a couple of factors there that mean that even tho everyone has Characters at 550, it's not a completely level playing field:
    - One is that higher tier characters are usually better than lower tier, even at the same level.
    - Another is that characters who are more fully covered can be vastly better than one that's only partially covered. Lots of abilities scale only based on the number of Covers, not Level, and basically all get better with more Covers.
    - Finally, Player Skill and Alliance Teamwork actually do make a difference, especially in PvP. I don't know enough about it to really explain it (since I'm not remotely near that point), but I've read enough to know that there is actually quite a bit of skill up at the top there.
  • Rod5
    There is an element of co-ordination, but the difference vs usual was that 5* characters scale fairly poorly in comparison to 4*s. 

I have champed 5s but I ran C4rol, Medusa and Bl4de mostly.
  • Rod5
    Thanks OJ, yes BoP can be a slog that's for sure.

What I suppose I was trying to say was that even players with the biggest rosters in the game (much much bigger than mine) play hard to do well and get rewards even though a lot of their competitive advantage is effectively removed.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like BoP, I have a good roster with 23 champ 4s, but I have 14 more fully covered. BoP allows me to use so many characters. I definitely score higher in that one than I do during other pvps