New PVE Scaling: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
Hey,

I am a day 781 player, my roster is firmly in 4* land (23 champed; no 5* with more than 4/5 covers), shield rank 94. I usually play SCL7 or SCL8, and got around level ~320 goons in the hardest node and usually get at least T50.

I picked SCL6 for this playtest, because the time investment even for 4/6 clears was getting too much for me, and I embrace the possibility to make the game easier for me.

The Good: With SCL6, the hardest node for me is now at level 212. It only took me around 26 minutes for my 4/6 clear run instead of usually 40-50 minutes.

The Bad: Of course the prog rewards in SCL6 do not include a 4* reward. I joined the S1 bracket at 890 players and after my run I was at #5. So I guess everyone and their mom is in SCL7 actually right now. I can accept the prog reward impact, but really think that SCL9 needs to happen for this thing to work; the SCL8 scaling is just ridiculously high in terms of time investment/reward.

The Ugly: What became very apparent in the PVE grind to me this time is that out of the 26 minutes I spent around 15 minutes (!) inside the UI and pushing buttons. Example for a match:

> "Next"
> "Claim" dropped node reward
> "Next"
> Accept reward
> "Claim"
> Accept reward for progression
> "Next" to see the next progression reward
> Select next/same node
> "Replay"
> "Fight" (roster selection)
> "Fight"

That's 11 hasty button presses to just get to the next round. Not even speaking of the slow attack tiles showing me their moving numbers, seeing banners, power animations, Daken's passive healing (...) and moonstones power animation.

We really really need a way to make this whole process more fluid to not die in agony, when we actually want to do a PVE quickly.  I would even refrain from accepting placement rewards, if I could get a "No animations" toggle.

What's your experience? I'm excited to hear how relieving this must be for 5* players to actually get into PVE again?

Comments

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Well, in my cl8 slice, the top 9 rosters are all 5* players.  I guess pve will become just as much of a roster check as pvp.  oh well.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Addendum: I took a dive and made the final 2 clears to reach 6/6, and those took me about 15 Minutes. So a total PVE greencheck run in about 45 minutes compared to around 1,25 hours is a welcome change to my quality of life :-D

I really hope this is the final straw to topple off the placement rewards in PVE. It would make things much more relaxed, and is more healthy in the long run. I'd opt for 2-3 special events (like former heroics?) in a month where placement counts, this would be something to look forward to then. And nobody gets mad at 5* rosters.
  • Riguez
    Riguez Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I am sticking to SCL8 for this "test" just to see how much I get my "behind" kicked, but looking at the rewards difference between SCL7 and SCL8 and the huge difficulty difference I think I'll stick to SCL7 onwards... 400 level enemies is just too much.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    supergarv said:
    Hey,

I am a day 781 player, my roster is firmly in 4* land (23 champed; no 5* with more than 4/5 covers), shield rank 94. I usually play SCL7 or SCL8, and got around level ~320 goons in the hardest node and usually get at least T50.

I picked SCL6 for this play test....*snip*
    Well I have not even started the new pve experiment and I can tell by people with 23 champed  4 * dropping all the way down into three star land the scaling experiment is incomplete or a total failure.  How will people ever progress if people are not playing up to their roster.  Another 1 step foward and  3 steps back for progress.  Will respond again when my normal t10 in cl6 becomes a t50 or worse,
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *Please discuss the PvE scaling test in the official thread. Thanks!*
This discussion has been closed.