Medusa Resolute Queen not stealing AP when enemy matches

Has anyone encountered this?  At times when the AI matches an enemy attack strike/attack tile, the resolute queen does not activate.  The graphic doesn't appear...I'm going to see if it does steal the AP, but just not show a graphic.  It seems her entanglement bug has already been documented.  And here I thought she was this great character...

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't steal. It has never stolen AP. It generates blue, green, or purple randomly when an enemy attack, protect, or strike is matched. And if you are missing an active power from one of those colors, you won't notice it happening, other than the quick banner coming up. The animation should only happen once during a turn, and subsequent activations will be a banner saying "generating [color] AP" or "healing team".
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    edited May 2017
    EDIT: Actually, I figured it out.  It's when there is a match-4/clear row.  I thought a match-4 when it clears a row or column counts as a match for all the tiles.  Looks like only the colors matched in the 4 count towards medusa's power.  If there are strike/attack/protect tiles in the rest of the row/column they won't count.  Tested it a few times, and now I understand!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    EDIT: Actually, I figured it out.  It's when there is a match-4/clear row.  I thought a match-4 when it clears a row or column counts as a match for all the tiles.  Looks like only the colors matched in the 4 count towards medusa's power.  If there are strike/attack/protect tiles in the rest of the row/column they won't count.  Tested it a few times, and now I understand!
    Yeah it's tricky and not always consistent. Traps, for example, DO trigger when cleared in the row by a match-4 that they're not actually part of.