No images allowed in signatures

Bloody_Marvel
Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Recently there's been another forum update: Now they won't allow any images in signatures.

That number was unlimited on the previous forum, but the number of characters was limited to 255 including images, URLs, and BB Code.
On the new forum it was a max of 3 images, but HTML code (like images, URLs, and formatting) aren't in the character count any more. Which was kinda sad for me because I couldn't use the stars, though I worked around that.

I may be one of only a few affected by this change, but why make the change at all? It's not going to get rid of existing images in signatures, it only stops people from updating signatures with images in them, or people adding images to their signatures.

I can't update my signature anymore... really a shame.

Comments

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Is this why some people got banned recently? For having images in their signatures? That's... well, that sure is something.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    ***Nobody was banned for having images in their signatures***

And the image limit is just inherent in the forums design. It wasn't something we actively implemented afaik. Not even sure if it's something that can be changed tbh.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Ducky said:

And the image limit is just inherent in the forums design. It wasn't something we actively implemented afaik. Not even sure if it's something that can be changed tbh.
    Well apparently it can, cuz it was changed from 3 to 0.
  • Ducky
    Fair point. I'm not aware of any intentional decision to do this.

@Brigby Was this done intentionally? If not, any chance it could be reverted?
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Ducky said:

Images were allowed on launch.  I used to have one for my old alliance.  Removed it when I left and briefly replaced it with a placeholder image that I have since removed, kinda sad that I won't be able to add a new one.  

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I'm not a big fan of images in signatures either, I just enabled the setting 'Strip images out of signatures' ( https://forums.d3go.com/profile/signature ). I don't see a really pressing need to disallow them completely, though.
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Ducky said:

Just tried to change as a test my current image signature and was greeted after save with a full caps red colored "images not allowed"
    @Ducky / @Brigby
    Does that mean that we won't be able to add a picture signature from now on?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    AlexxKats said:
    Ducky said:

Just tried to change as a test my current image signature and was greeted after save with a full caps red colored "images not allowed"
    @Ducky / @Brigby
    And yet...I can see an image for your sig.

[Edit] and mine too. Did they get switched back on again?
  • Bloody_Marvel
    AlexxKats said:
    Ducky said:

@Ducky / @Brigby
    And yet...I can see an image for your sig.

[Edit] and mine too. Did they get switched back on again?
    TL;DR...

Images already in sigs are still active, you just can't add new images to sigs, or edit sigs with images in them unless you remove the image.
  • Ducky
    Brigby to the rescue!
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    @Summer Glau will be happy to hear this.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. That's certainly peculiar. I'll double check the settings for the forum, to ensure nothing is wrong on our end. Worst case scenario, I'll reach out to our web developer to see if they know what's going on.

Update: 
    Aaaand fixed! You should be able to edit images in your signatures now. As a bonus, you can also upload 4 images now, instead of just 3 :)

Thanks Brigs,

And thanks for the Bonus Hero :wink:
  • Bloody_Marvel
    This problem has resurfaced. @Brigby could you have another look please?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi @Bloody Marvel Could you try again? I adjusted some settings, and hopefully you should be able to post images again in the signature section
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Yep, working again. Thanks @Brigby :)