What about Drax?

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
With the new GOTG movie we saw new variant releases for SL, Grocket, and Gamora, while Drax received a much needed rebalance. The new releases received their own small story event with a free cover but what about Drax? He's vaulted so we have no way of getting him. Drax had a DPQ Crash of the Titans but many of us could not compete. It would be great if Drax got his own PvE with a free cover. It could be called "That's Not a Plan". He could have at least been the placement/progression in one of the PvE events instead of the typical Latest 12 4*.

Anyone else wish they had a chance to get some Drax covers?

Comments

• Beaverskull
    Beaverskull Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Wait for the DVD release. I'm sure we will get a Vol. 2 Drax. As well as a 'Plan D' event.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Drax sucks (in-game at least), plus, the events were to promote the new characters.  Of course, I would take a free cover and extra ISO, but that's generally not how this works.

Not to derail the thread, but with vaulting, I've wondered if there was a better way to handle buffs.  Drax got buffed, others have as well, but with the latest 12, if they are vaulted, you either have them covered or you don't at that point. 

You can make them a bonus hero, and slowly cover them, but would you like it if buffed characters were removed from the vault for the season following their change? 
  • Caprila
    Caprila Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    gravel said:
    would you like it if buffed characters were added to the vault for the season following their change? 
    Drax is already in the vault
  • gravel
    Caprila said:
    gravel said:
    would you like it if buffed characters were added to the vault for the season following their change? 
    Drax is already in the vault
    I meant the other way, sorry.  Edited.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget...
    [spoiler]
    Howard was in the bar too.
    [/spoiler]
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Drax / Coulson / SL4 is an excellent team against goons. He's a lot of fun to use. I like him!

But yeah if someone didn't have him before vaulting, then they'll never get him. Now that I'm starting to hoard my LTs (13 Latest draws available so far!), I'm going to start missing out on most 4*s at this point, in favor of hopefully getting a fully covered new 5* in a few months. We'll see.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    gravel said:
    Drax sucks (in-game at least)
    I gotta disagree here. Now that his purple actually has a consistently useful function, he's a solid middle of the road choice. Red is absolutely savage on an untouched target, and while black's base damage isn't great, it targets any special tile type (including invisibility and countdowns) and the multiple waves of damage mean it can triple-dip on strikes.
  • gravel
    Jarvind said:
    gravel said:
    Drax sucks (in-game at least)
    I gotta disagree here. Now that his purple actually has a consistently useful function, he's a solid middle of the road choice. Red is absolutely savage on an untouched target, and while black's base damage isn't great, it targets any special tile type (including invisibility and countdowns) and the multiple waves of damage mean it can triple-dip on strikes.
    Eh, I tried him after the buff, and he's usable, but there are better options, especially since he's vaulted.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Moved to Event Discussion, since this is discussing Drax having his own PvE event
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    I'd take another champ level on my Drax, let's have a pve event for him!! Since his rework he is much better, but I thought he got undue flax even before....