Emotional or cynical

Options
antreas1911
antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Right now, my roster counts 38 different heroes, with two more to come in the near future, Fury and Falcon.
Each new roster space costs 500 HP.
500 HP are truly very valuable.

And now comes the question.

Should one be cynical and just sell 3-4 one star covers to empty some slots? (the only risk is a potential future event featuring these characters).
or
Should one be emotional and keep every single cover, because either you are a completionist and simply want it all, either you are emotionally evolved with the characters that helped you at the very beginning.

I pick the emotional side.

Sorry for any language mistakes.

Comments

• There is zero reason to keep Classic Hawkeye and Yelena.

There .. you are free now.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I don't think I could possibly sell a character completely, I just don't have it in me.
  • I would keep it all....except bagman, yelena, and classic hawkeye. At least if you are running into space issues. If you can get the HP I say more cover spots!!!
  • Gotta have them all. Sold some 1*s and bagman early on, but have since covered them all. Can't part with them. Now that the alliance is maxed I have managed to stockpile several thousand hero points reserved for roster spots and shields. And if I'm truly desperate I may by a cover for LT, but I've been holding out and it looks like patience is paying off with a chance at covers in Hollowpoint Kiss icon_e_smile.gif
  • im a purist when it comes to collections. i say buy a few more slots and keep it whole.

marc
  • I think if you are going to keep 1*s keep them all. Seems it is inevitable to have characters you collect that will likely never see the iso to be maxed out, and if that is the case there is no reason to discriminate against bagman, yelena and hawkeye versus someone else who won't be leveled up either.

If you can afford it, keep them all I say. I purged several already and kinda wish I had held on to them.
  • I use my lvl 1 Classic Hawkeye quite a bit. He's all over the lightning rounds icon_lol.gif A well placed crit tile has made the difference a few times.
  • I completely understand your dilemma, I'm a collector also, I have about the same number of slots, the only heroes I don't have are Classic Hawkeye, Bullseye and Yelena. I even recently re-covered Juggernaught after having sold him a long time ago while I was transitioning to 3*....I figure he will be useful for the next 1* tourney. I also keep Bagman around as my universal "Here's a clue that I'm tanking" hero.

500 HP is a lot, but we also seem to be getting more HP than before. Really the two things to spend HP on are hero covers and roster slots. I try to win most of my covers, and occasionally will use some HP to fill in the last of a hard-to-get important cover (blue Spidey, blue Hood, black BP, etc).

I agree it's fun to keep more characters around, you never know who's gonna get buffed for the next tournament, and it increases your permutations for groups to keep game play fresh and interesting.
  • UncleSam wrote:
    I use my lvl 1 Classic Hawkeye quite a bit. He's all over the lightning rounds icon_lol.gif A well placed crit tile has made the difference a few times.

But you can rebuild that anytime later when have an excess slot.

I sold hawk about a week in the game and never recruited yelena. Have all the other characters.
    If I was short on HP would sell bagman, juggs, bulls. Then thor**, daken**, cap**. Only then start to think what now.

The new characters come at insane rate but the events bringing them usually provide the 500HP for the slot too, so it wasn't really a problem. Yet.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    But you can rebuild that anytime later when have an excess slot.

I sold hawk about a week in the game and never recruited yelena. Have all the other characters.
    If I was short on HP would sell bagman, juggs, bulls. Then thor**, daken**, cap**. Only then start to think what now.

The new characters come at insane rate but the events bringing them usually provide the 500HP for the slot too, so it wasn't really a problem. Yet.

Good point on the rebuild. A 1* rebuild isn't too difficult for someone who already has 38 slots. I wouldn't sell any 2*s though, especially not Thor or Daken. My son's account is still waiting for a black Daken to complete him and he's been playing regularly for a couple months now. I understand that the gold version "replaces" them, but it's already been proven that the 2* is still being used in some events.
  • I still use Classic Hawkeye on some tough PVE's.

I've been cynical. I dumped Bagman and Yelena. I could buy slots for them now, but I don't think it's really necessary.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    There is zero reason to keep Classic Hawkeye and Yelena.

There .. you are free now.

I will never keep a cover of Classic Hawkeye. Even as a cover collector I don't even want him. I'm borrowing the following quote to sum up Classic Hawkeye:

"He's as useless as the multiple endings in Mass Effect 3"
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Just to buck the trend here, I'm a non-collector, but a person who keeps a lot of characters due to various event buffs. So, for 1* & 2* chars:

Keep: (from most valuable to least valuable)

OBW, MStorm, 2* Thor, AWolv, Daken, Ares, CStorm, MN Mags, Moonstone.

Sell: (from most **** to least ****)

Yelena, Bagman, CHawkeye, Juggs, MHawkeye, Bullseye, Venom, MBW.

Also, Loki is a 3*, but he sucks pretty hard.
  • HailMary wrote:
    Also, Loki is a 3*, but he sucks pretty hard.

If you can keep him alive (by others tanking black) it's tremendous fun to have him fighting daken+bulls or even just one of them.

I wish he would gain any of the suggested runs at third power or gained a side-effect (like creating a serious protect tile for both teams) to illusions.