When heroes go away

Options
Kmjakob
Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
I see the next sesaon some of the marvel hero is going away its hard to lv them upp when we dont get any more cover for those that leave :(

Comments

• VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    True, although in this particular instance, the expiring heroes aren't terribly high in the tier.  So if you haven't completed them, I wouldn't be too upset.
  • Kmjakob
    Options
    I hope that i can get them as bonus hero
  • Kmjakob
    Options
    mexus said:
    VizMantis said:
    True, although in this particular instance, the expiring heroes aren't terribly high in the tier.  So if you haven't completed them, I wouldn't be too upset.
    Power Man is one of the 4* that's getting vaulted now, am I right? He's amazing and considered a top dude by many (Dauthi and me included). Glad I got to champ him and bummer to those who didn't (and new players entering the 4* transition from now).
    I am not sure if it is 3* or 4* mine 3* is camp not 4*
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mexus said:

Power Man is one of the 4* that's getting vaulted now, am I right? He's amazing and considered a top dude by many (Dauthi and me included). 
    He's certainly not useless, but I wouldn't call him a top dude.  There's room for disagreement on his rank amongst 4*s, but I'm pretty sure most would agree that he's not a "must have" character.  So my point is just that missing out on him (and Spiderwoman) isn't a huge deal, OP shouldn't worry about this particular round of vaulting too much.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mexus said:
    VizMantis said:
    Power Man is one of the 4* that's getting vaulted now, am I right? He's amazing and considered a top dude by many (Dauthi and me included). Glad I got to champ him and bummer to those who didn't (and new players entering the 4* transition from now).
    I'm, like, 10 levels away from maxing him :( I don't think I'll get to champ him before he's vaulted. *sigh* 
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mexus said:

himatako said:
    mexus said:
    VizMantis said:
    I'm, like, 10 levels away from maxing him :( I don't think I'll get to champ him before he's vaulted. *sigh* 
    Are you 10 level from maxing him, or 10 covers from maxing him?
    If you have 13 covers and he is level 260 you can very well champ him due to some ISO-8 investment. :)
    At level 265 right now but even if I can max him to 270, there is no chance for me to get his cover anymore :-(  But you're right that I can still champ him. I forgot that you don't need a cover to champ, only to get champion rewards. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Probably slightly off topic, but when would you respec him from 5/5/3? In fights that I don't want to get rid of special tiles, I'd generally run some other character. Symbiotes, Muscles, Ultron Goons (assuming there's somebody in the fight with active abilities, anyway) I always keep him so that he gets rid of the special tile, rather than reducing it.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I usually have him at 3/5/5 against tile-movers with expensive powers. If he doesn't have many protect tiles out, then his yellow is less useful than his red (unless he's paired with other special tile producers). At 5 covers and boosted his red hits for ~20k even if there are opposing specials on the board, 30k+, I think, when there aren't. The other benefit to this build is that his yellow is still useful at 3 covers, but his red isn't.