Elektra shadow step (black) order of operation

AXP_isme
AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
the damage from shadow step doesn't get applied until the enemy team have taken all their actions. I had a recent example where I was facing daken with less than 500 HP. He was able to fire his blue which triggered shadow step once for the initial damage, a second time when a blue tile 

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Oh dear. Carrying on where I left off...
     a blue tile turned green and created a green match. A third time when the strikes were removed (I know this is a current bug). A fourth time when the AI used it's TU power. A fifth time when daken made a match and then I started taking damage when subsequent matches fell from the top of the board. 
    Once the whole cascade resolved Elektra had taken quite a lot of damage and only then was daken killed off. Surely daken should have take damage, and been killed, when he fired his ability and not at the end of the turn once all the AI actions have resolved. 
    The text says if Elektra would take damage, the damage is negated... and dealing damage. If this is behaving as expected I think the text should be updated to say each time Elektra would take damage on her turn a trap is destroyed and once the turn ends AP and damage from destroyed traps is applied. 

This may have come up before but I couldn't see an existing topic for it. Apologies if this is a dupe. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah we've brought this up before a while ago. The ability is supposed to wait for the entire activation of a power, and apparently is supposed to wait until the board settles in the event of a cascade, but it should absolutely NOT be waiting for more than one power to fire, and should not be waiting in between a power being fired and a board match being made.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the damage doesn't apply until the very end of the AI's turn, so after firing all powers AND making a match. Which is ridiculous, and clearly a bug. Since Elektra was boosted in the past week i've seen this happen all the time with her trap tiles out.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know what? This has always been this way since I've used Elektra. It resolves at the end of the turn. So even though it's likely she'll survive, theoretically; Elektra could die before the damage is dealt. 

Sounds pretty buggy to me.