Classic Legendary

Pongie
Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
When a 5* gets released, the special limited store typically has the 25cp price for a 10% chance before being moved to the latest legendary store for 3x 5% chance for the same price. Then we all know once it hits the classic store, it becomes 20cp for 15%/x where x is the rising number of 5* in classics. The current odds are less than 2% now. Which means for a particular colour of a 5% it is less than 1%. Pretty much the same odds as getting a 5* bonus hero. it takes hundreds of pulls in order to even have some sort of progress on any single 5*. 

Now what if the classic legendary store was more in line with the special limited store where you can only pull a single 5*? The odds doesn't even have to be 10%, heck it can be 5%. How the UI achieve this doesn't really matter, but the important point is the classic store should let you have a 5% chance of any particular 5* of our choosing. I do not think this it too much to ask for 20cp. For 720cp, you can already purchase a particular colour. 5% chance is 1 in 20, roughly 400cp for a particular 5* regardless of colour is a fair price and will allow players an option to obtain and complete 5* that is currently in the classic pool. It is one solution that I believe is fair and would not be too hard to implement.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    It would be great to have a way to fully cover the classic five-star of your dreams (in my case, it's Black Bolt). Right now, I need to basically open up thousands of Classic tokens and pray that I don't get any useless dupes of a color that already has 5 colors. Even if I set Bolt as a Bonus Hero, there's still no guarantee that I won't get the dreaded dupe.

So instead, I'm just hoarding for a few months and hoping for the best when I open up my hoard of Latests + 25 CP pulls.
  • PiGeek314
    PiGeek314 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Why not just use the template already set up for 5* special vaults, as they are today, and cycle through a new "featured" classic character each week?  25 cp for a 10% shot at a specific classic 5*.  I was discussing this with a bunch of people in my Line discussion group who are hoarding for LL today, but would strongly consider spending their cp using special stores like this.  This would also substantially address the concerns with 5* vaulting.  There would be almost no additional coding required, since this code already exists for the last several 5s that have been released.

By the way, love this idea overall, it seems like a win-win for players and D3, and if implemented, I'm 100% certain buy club activies will increase and D3 will make more money, with little risk of imbalancing the game.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt they will reusing the special vaults on release. That will eat into the sales if people can simply buy them later. That's I suggested these are available again at different price/rate. 20cp/5% is fair. Especially if you can pick to focus on any one of the 12 currently in classics.