How do you unsubscribe to a particular forum

Options
Roland113
Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
Hello all,

I wasn't certain where to ask this, but . . . 

How do I unsubscribe from a particular thread on the forum.  For instance, I enjoyed commenting on the 'best moment of the day' thread, but don't need a notification each and every time someone else posts in that thread.  Conversely, I like getting notifications when the 'explain your team' thread gets a new comment.  

Is there somewhere I can pick and choose which threads generate notifications for me?

Thank you in advance,

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey there Roland, have you checked to see if you still have the threads Bookmarked? It will be the star icon next to the titles of the threads. If the star looks hollow then it means that you are not following the thread, if it is filled then the star is indicating that you are following the thread.
  • Roland113
    Options
    Thanks Tombstone, I was hoping, but no, it is hollow.  Thank you though.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hrm... unfortunately, the only other thing I can think of then is to turn off your notifications in general, or switch them from email to pop-up if you had them set to email. 

To access the notification page you will have to do the following:

- Click on the Account Options button at the top of the screen and select Edit Profile. (Account options will be the Gear Icon next to your notifications, inbox, and bookmarks.)
    - On the Edit Profile page, there will be a list on the right side of the screen with different options to choose from. You are going to want to click on Notification Preferences.
    - On the Notification Preferences screen, you can now pick and choose from which features you would like to receive notifications for as well as how you would like them sent to you. The option selections are all checkboxes, so check the ones you want and uncheck the ones you don't want.
  • Roland113
    Options
    Thanks Tombstone, I appreciate the answers.  

If I can make a suggestion for the long term health of the forums, I think it would be good if we could individually select the threads that we'd like to follow / receive notifications on, rather than all or none.  I don't want to turn off all notifications, there are threads that I do care about and want to follow.

Regardless, I appreciate you taking the time to answer!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It looks like you should be able to get the behavior you're looking for this way:
    • Go to the notification preferences and deselect notifications for "threads I've commented on".
    • Leave the notifications enabled for "threads I've bookmarked".
    • Bookmark the threads you'd like notifications on by clicking the little star icon near the thread title on either the thread view or forum index.
    • Click the star again when you no longer wish to receive notifications for a given thread.

• Roland113
    Options
    Thanks Davy, I think that should work.  I appreciate the help!