Does selecting 3stars favorites reduce chances to get 4stars? [Solved]

nitefox1337
nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
The think is that I selected 4 star favorites only thinking that if I get a Favorite from a Heroic Token, at least I rather it to be a 4 stars.

Does it make sense?

The downside is that when I get favorites from lower Tokens, they are random cause didn't select any favorties below 4 stars.

**Tagged title solved - Ducky

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    No.. It doesn't make sense.

Every pu of a 3/4/5star character you have a chance to get a bonus hero of the same level. If you don't select a favorite for a tier, 3star in your case, you will get a random 3star when you would pull a Bonus Hero.

Odds are static and subject to RNG.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

I think what you're saying makes sense, its just not how the system works.

If you pull a 3* and get a bonus hero, that bonus hero will be a 3*, if you have no 3* favorites you get a random 3*.

If you pull a 4* and get a bonus hero, that bonus hero will be a 4*, if you have no 4* favorites you get a random 4*.

same for 5*s...    make sense?

• ejm04
    ejm04 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In

What you have done does nothing to improve the chances of getting a 4* bonus hero. You have only ensured that you will get a random cover when a 3* BH is pulled. If you don't care which 3* covers come your way, then this is fine.

I personally prefer to focus on one 3* hero at a time so I have one 3*, one 4*, and one 5* selected. Once I hit a point where all of the 3* are champed (or at least all of the ones I care about), I will choose my primary 3 and leave it until they approach max level.

• nitefox1337
    nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Tnx guys, will pick favorites accordingly.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *closing thread as the question has been answered*
This discussion has been closed.