Would these be the likely alternatives to Vaulting, HfH price, and PVE max progression increases?

Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
These are the hot topics of the forum at the moment. Lets  generally discuss the realistic alternatives to the choices we've been given.

Dilution resulted in Vaulting. Many alternative good choices are being ignored. And I'm talking about the ones that work for the pro-Vaulting people and the anti-Vaulting people at the same time. I believe this is a purposely created artificial divide. I'm not saying its done with sinister intentions, just that the solutions that work for everyone seem to not be an option. So its going to be one side or the other. MPQ chose the pro-Vaulting side.

Alternative? I think we have the alternative here, as I stated above, They picked a side and that is what we have. Maybe they'll go back the other way to make the pro-Vaulting side mad again?

HfH price was given in different variations to different players. At the end of the "test" it was determined to be a 3600 HP price, which was the higher price. 

Alternative? Well, obviously anything lower than 3600 HP is not an option or if would have been implemented. So lets not even suggest that as a likely alternative. My thought here is that the only other alternatives are to a) Increase the price and the goods or b) remove the option entirely. These seem most likely.

PVE max progression increase was to reward players who already do more than the required 4/6 clears to reach max progression. What is being left out is that those players were already awarded with small bonuses for winning the matches on their 5th and 6th clears and also placement rewards as the result of doing more work. Well, first it would be helpful to understand why these people deserved extra rewards than the ones stated above. Out of the 3 topics, this one seems the most like "we're not being told the truth for the reasoning". That's just my opinion but I doubt I'm alone there. 

Alternative? They didn't just change the PVE progression and points structure to roll it back. They just brought this out, slapped in on us, and said "this is good for you". I think the "likely" scenario is that they get whatever it is they're really hoping to get out of this change, and there is no likely alternative (see: character nerfs).

So there you have it. I've taken the 3 hot topics, briefly summarized them, added my opinions, and came up with the alternatives to what we've been given. And guess what? None of the "likely alternatives" are good at all. There you have it. 

Comments

• Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    They still aren't listening...
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    The main issue is the disconnect is between accounting and monthly sales targets and the general content of  the player base at large.
    I'm guessing this game has a really difficult time meeting those at the same time.

Other free to play games use frequent sales, free content that needs you to earn paid resources (or ideally pay for them) and introduces streams of new content simultaneously to bolster player interest and increase sales numbers.

This game only has HP for sale technically. ISO is fruitless and you are nearly better off buying a 40 pack for CP, spare HP, and ISO from selling covers you don't need.

Most of the discussion that we don't see are focused primarily on sales data.
    It's a decision. We'll just have to see where they go with it unfortunately. 

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

If I had to guess, I'd bet that the overwhelming majority of the player base would never consider looking the game up online let alone geeking out on a forum...  They are probably aware that they're drawing more of the same characters now, but likely didn't read anything about vaulting, wont notice a change in pve requirements or wouldn't devote thought to it, wont notice an MMR change in pvp, wouldn't know what a cupcake, muffin or a steak is/was...  

Any change to skew these people into spending a fraction of a percent more than they normally would is worth all the tears these forums can generate.

Think candycrush and compulsively buying a bonus, don't think intricate balancing act of an mmo juggernaut.

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    They can keep vaulting but cycle a few older covers to be in the packs ex have the 10 latest plus 10 older chaacter cycle changes every season