Power Animations Off, PLEASE.

Please provide the option to turn off animations. Thanks love the game, been a player for over a year and the animations are wonderful, but seeing them over and over and some longer than others, just is too much. 
Please, it's been a suggestion for quite some time now I assume. But I believe it is truly now time. 
Tagged:

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    God yes. It is time.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Also, sound effects can currently be turned off, but we still have to wait around and stare at the screen while waiting for the sound to play in silence. Please remove the sound effect wait time if the sound is off.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I don't really play much PVP, and I don't buy shields, so I don't care how this affects other players' shield-hopping.

We'd still presumably have to wait a short moment while a given power's title banner appears on screen, but that brief time could be used to display the primary art asset from that power, and it could disappear along with the text. The art doesn't "go to waste" but then neither does the players' time.
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    That's good, showing only the power banner as a power is fired would be awesome. Sort of like when Dr.Stange's power fires twice in the same turn.
    I play with all sound off, I'm an avid player and I do not enjoy repetition. I may start a forum petition soon if this ideal isn't considered soon.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Turning animations off will never be done because it gives a competitive advantage to people who decide to do it. I'm pretty sure that's not a fight the devs wanna start between players who play with animations and those who don't.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Thinkin about when I played Final Fantasy 9 and I left full summon animations on even though they were obnoxious, because if Regen was in effect, you'd still periodically get extra health during the animation.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I think it would be boring without all animation, but some take far too much time, especially the passive ones. Playing with Medusa, Luke Cage and Dr. Strange against Carnage and Ultron and Dr. Octopus seemed to take forever. Passive powers should be animated 2-3 times at the beginning of the game than be done with.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Ducky said:
    Turning animations off will never be done because it gives a competitive advantage to people who decide to do it. I'm pretty sure that's not a fight the devs wanna start between players who play with animations and those who don't.
    Would that advantage be: no animations mean less wasted time?

• SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Alsmir said:
    Ducky said:
    Would that advantage be: no animations mean less wasted time?

Exactly! In PVP, the ones that manage to move up quicker and shield are at an advantage compared to those who take more time to play. If no animation means less time spent in a single match, it becomes the norm, at least of PVP, basically making this game more Candy Crush and less Marvel, which some might not appreciate. Whatever change the devs make, they need to make it a standard. I'm not for completely removing animation, just for trimming their time and less repetitiveness.
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    It's a video game, and anything can be changed. They nerfed a powerful 5* for the sake of it being used all of the time. That's just an example of odd reasoning. So they can definitely add an option to turn off animations. 
    I play all missions and pvp to 600, and I would not like to imagine how much time I have wasted because of animations.
    Simple thought for a good game. Allow an option to turn off animations.
  • FranklynStreet
    FranklynStreet Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Ducky said:
    That's a very dumb explanation, considering people would have the choice to play with it on or off.  And I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with the hardcore elite all turning off the animations to compete at a high level as a time-saver.

Much more importantly, it would save a lot of battery life for people playing on the go and/or traveling.  Right now, certain extraneous aspects of this game are a pretty big battery drain.

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Ducky said:
    Well, that's an awful reason to keep wasting everybody's time.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Starfury said:
    Ducky said:
    It's really not. If animations could be turned off, then the best players would all have to turn them off or risk not being the best any more. This trickles down; conventional wisdom becomes "to be the best, turn animations off". Soon a large number of players are turning them off. The devs look at these stats and think "Why are we spending time and money to create these animations if nobody's watching them?"
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    CNash said:
    Starfury said:
    Ducky said:
    It's really not. If animations could be turned off, then the best players would all have to turn them off or risk not being the best any more. This trickles down; conventional wisdom becomes "to be the best, turn animations off". Soon a large number of players are turning them off. The devs look at these stats and think "Why are we spending time and money to create these animations if nobody's watching them?"
    "Noone wants to view our animations, so we'll have to force them"
  • Antomat_0314
    Antomat_0314 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    A fast forward or skip button would be on screen for everyone though... That could be a thing... maybe?
  • nitefox1337
    nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Ducky said:
    Is there also a mandatory volume level?

Cause the devs wouldn't want to start a fight between players who play with sound and those who don't..

xD