Why is Simulator the only PvE that gets updated?

Orion
Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
The Simulator is becoming my favorite PvE because it's constantly updated with new and interesting combinations of opponents.  It's the only PvE where you can fight against the newest 4*s.

So why the heck don't you guys update some of the other, older PvEs so we don't have to fight the same Dark Avengers over and over and over and over again?  Yeah, I know, story, but that's a weak excuse.  Give us a little more variety and it won't be such a chore to grind through 5 clears each day.

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Simulator isn't a story, therefore they can easily interchange the characters in the nodes. It's hard to put non Dark Avengers in nodes when the stories are about Dark Avengers. 

It's why the gauntlet nodes get updated periodically as well. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The whole Dark Avengers thing is a hell of an anchor to this game now.
    They dropped that DA thing 2 years ago. They really, really need to ramp up the PvE.

Sure they can't change the villains around for every PvE every time, that's a lot of work. But like Simulator, I end up liking Produgal Sun and the first sub event of Deadpool Vs MPQ because it gives me something other than Dark Avengers to fight.

The Hulk is a 7-day event that is just torturous with how many high HP grindy Moonstone, Ares, Venom and Juggernaut nodes it has, not to mention the slow Daken and Bullseye nodes.

The whole Dark Avengers thing is so played out now. It might be slightly interesting if they'd kept the story going so we actually knew more about it but with the lable going away, so too did any chance of that. They really, really need to expand on PvE events. I've said many times it doesn't need to be anything grand. Just get a short story done and whack in some characters. We don't need brand new minions or anything like that, or funky new mechanics. Just a new story with different enemies to fight.
  • Celerial
    Celerial Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I took almost a year long break and I have to admit I was surprised to come back to the very same events...
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    They could just cut the dialogue out and call them Simulator Stories. Say that Shield is running training based off previous missions with updated data. This lets you reskin The Hulk event to feature, say, Spider-Woman leading everyone on a chase around the world and no one knows whether she's siding with SHIELD or Hydra (or AIM) but she has some secret documents.
    Or reskin Thick as Thieves to be about Daredevil tracking down kingpin.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I couldn't give a flying monkeys about a story, just give me different people to fight. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed.  I like the mini-events like Plan C and their story, do more of those and remove the story from the old PvEs would be good for me.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Part of me says "Yeah, less freaking 20K Moonstone!", but the other part of me says, "Hmm, replaced with 20K KK/Vision/ProfX".
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    It's not the only one that's updated -- some of the others are updated.  But they're usually small changes (like replacing a goon with an Ultron sentry, or stuff like that), and it's done much less frequently than the Sim is updated.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Just add a short sequence at the start of the PvE event:

DEADPOOL (looking offscreen): Aw, man! It's those darn Skrulls again.
    DEADPOOL (looking directly at player): That's right. Skrulls. It's all Skrulls. Got it? I'm winking here, but you can't tell because of my mask.

(Run existing event with whatever characters you want as the bad guys to fight.)

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Part of me says "Yeah, less freaking 20K Moonstone!", but the other part of me says, "Hmm, replaced with 20K KK/Vision/ProfX".
    @JackTenrec I think that for ProfX to be 20k, he'd have to be level one bajillion.