PvP team variety incentive (pvp bonus points)

Options
MarkersMake
MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
I mentioned this in another thread, but thought I should post it here on the off chance a dev might read it. 

Vaulting (and the latest 12 token list) has changed the pvp meta such that there is not as much variety in pvp teams. There are 2 reasons for this: It's easier to cover the latest 12 (and several of them have excellent synergy), and there is no incentive (health pack usage aside) to use anything other than your best team, which usually just depends on who is boosted that week/event. 

One solution would be to add pvp bonus points, which would add points to your pvp match value based on how recently you had used the chosen members of your team. Every 24 hours that pass without using a character adds 1 point to their pvp bonus score, with a cap of, say 15 points. Every time you win a match with a character, their bonus points score decreases by 10.

So, if you have a match that's worth 55 points, and it's been 14 days since you used Antman (14 pts), and 11 days since you used Elektra (11 pts) you can make that match worth more (55 + 14 + 11= 80 pts). The extra points would only count towards your score if you win, and would have no effect on the points for a defensive win, nor the value of a retaliation fight. 

This would encourage players to dust off characters that have been sitting on the shelf, at least occasionally, because there would finally be a significant reason to do so. It would also change the dynamics of pvp management, climbing strategies, and shield hops. 

Obviously, you could tweak the numbers as needed, if score inflation is too much of a concern. 

Thoughts? 

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The devs created the vaulting so now they have what they wanted - limited list of characters and an even fighting field. Like it or not - the change has put a 300 day player (a guesstimate but you can have couple of championed 4* at that point) level with 900 day player (if said player is not in 5* land). Probably works for the player retention. Myself - 1000 day player with no 5* - I am not really happy but it's far from the most annoying issue.

Sadly the change means More chances somebody (say Medusa or Carol) being on more than 10% of winning team and we know what that means. Whips!