Sudden loss of points (Despite shield) Sharp dressed Man

edgewriter
edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
Was playing Sharp Dressed Man pvp. Climbed to 875 points. Was fighting a mission to win 30 points. At victory, the indicator said I was at 901 points. I put up my shield and the screen flickered and I had 801 points. Exactly 100 points gone with no explanation AFTER I put up my shield.

15 min later I get a notification that I was attacked six times. The Three first attack listed attacks were blocked by my shield but the last three three were not.

Either the attacks slipped by my shield or the server had a delay getting the earlier attacks to me until after my shield was up.

Either way it is frustrating because I wouldn't have used my shield. I really wanted that Miles morales Cover. It is the last one I need to max him.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah there's a bit of a server delay, and it definitely can be frustrating.
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Even with the delay, if your point score says 901 you should get the four star reward. Especially your score shouldn't drop AFTER you put up your shield.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah the progress bar is generated on your phone based on your last known score and the value of the match you just won (901 in your case). If you've also lost some matches while you were playing, your phone won't know about those when it shows your score on that screen. Then after the match, the event will show your new last known score received from the server (801, apparently).

Unfortunately, that means that as far as the server was concerned, there was no point in time when your "actual" score was 900 or above. It's the nature of the server-client model that MPQ uses.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seconding Jaedenkaal here.   It's frustrating, but correct.

The best way to verify your actual score is to look at your position and points on the leaderboard, as that forces a server-side check of the score.  Even then, the notifications of what players hit you and the retaliation nodes may be delayed.

In this case, the person you were hitting was probably worth slightly less than when you found them -- after the match, your local score briefly showed 901 instead of something like 890 or whatever, and then you got hit for the difference between your ~890 real score and the 801 you ended up at.