Is there a cap on how high Sam Wilson (Falcon) can improve a tile?

Options
Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
How high have you personally gotten a tile using Falcon?   At 94 points a yellow match (5 cover max level) it might go rather high.

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    To answer to question in thread title: I don't think there's a cap on tile strength value... at least not one that could be realistically achievable, because there HAS to be a cap depending on what data type is used to store the value; most likely 32-bit integer, which would put the cap at around 2.1 billion (if signed, twice that if unsigned).

Personally, I managed to boost a protect tile (because the other types just end the fight too quickly) to over 40k - but using way better tile buff chars (like Prof X or Carol).
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Falcon? No.  But using Wasp or Carol, I've gotten strike tiles up to 3K+.  Again, matches end quickly that way.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    There doesn't appear to be a limit other than a potential technical one like Piro mentioned. Boosted Carol with wasp (or anyone else who creates a tile that procs every turn, such as 3blade black or 3torch green) will escalate faster than falcon. I've gotten individual tiles into the 4-5k range and the only reason I haven't seen them go higher is that all enemies simply die immediately when strike tiles get that high.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Depends how the code was written, based on tile strength was using which type of integer, signed, unsigned, 16bit, 32bit or 64bit. Once you hit the limit, if the code cannot handle the overflow, the game will most likely crash. 

Edit: somehow skimmed over piro's post

Dont worry though cause the match will be over way before then. No character has health even close to that limit
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unless they're invisible.