New 7 Day Progression vs. 3-4 day

Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, so I am looking forward to the new 7 day schedule but the new 3-4 day progression doesn't really strike me as a great improvement for the extra playing time it will take for full progression. What are your early views on the Hunt progression so far?

Comments

• VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    The chart says 3 and 4 day pve's only get an extra 8 cp, so your math is spot on.  The extra 48 cp is for 7 day pve's like the Hulk or Sentry events.

edit: Either I'm going crazy or OP edited his question to something totally different.  :D
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a lot of grinding, but I'll do what I can. It was neat to win two 3* covers as a single progression prize.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I did the 5 clears to give it a chance. Honestly, I didn't like it at all.

Days where I have plenty of time to waste it will be ok, just like it always was.

Yesterday I simulated a day where I just don't have a lot of available play time over 24 hours. So basically I crammed in a bunch of matches when I could. It was brutal. I got it done. And even a few 6 clears.

But I definitely realized I will not longer be an every event max progression player anymore. It is what it is.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Yea I was not a fan of this new requirement at all. Either make the difficulty scale slower, so that you aren't required to play the hardest difficulty again... or remove this 5th time through. Unless the rewards are drastically different, which right now they aren't... this is just encouraging me to spend my time elsewhere.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I'd like to see them keep the number of clears at 4 (or *gasp* maybe 3) for 24 hour boards, and increase it to 5 or even 6 for 48 hour boards. It seems odd that the same amount of effort is required for boards that are live for twice as long.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    since they introduced the 4* progression cover I stopped playing after that, with two exceptions I think. get two cp per sub, maybe play the essentials for iso. 
    I wont change that play style but without the required 4* I don't really play much pve, so I'm not sure how much difference I see. but I like to think it's rather marginal 
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

I'm of the opinion that the negative of requiring more time to hit max progression outweighs the positive of extra rewards...  but the kick in the nuts is that I can't just opt to do 4 clears and get what I've been getting, thinking that the new additional work is strictly for the new additional rewards...  

Its like saying "overtime rate has been increased by $10/hour, but we now only pay you that in weeks that you have at least 5 hours overtime" to someone in the business of clocking 2-3 extra hours per week.

I don't like the change, but its not going to make me quit, so I'll just be making sure I don't let up in events I don't care much about...  :(