Cast Out

Options
Corn_Noodles
Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
This card is clearly too powerful for the cost at Uncommon level. I think the spreadsheet failed JC on this one. Clearly, the mana cost needs to be at least 16 since it's an Uncommon. Either raise the mana or make it a rare. This needs to be addressed immediately!

Comments

• Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes, let us take a core card of the set and make it only attainable for few people -_- Sounds brilliant!

Other cards we should make Final reward and Faith of the devoted as well as all the cartouches rare as well...

it is better for cards that are cornerstones of a block, to be attainable by more people. Also, the card is not that bad, don't you have a set chock full of good support removal in it? Why not just run Dissenter's deliverance, violent impact or forsake the wordly, if you have that much trouble dealing with it? 

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the extra support removals help to balance the card. But in my eyes, it is surely extremely powerful.. Better than most masterpieces
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is what we've come to, is it? Players demanding the inclusion in the game of uncommon cards which break the game for the player but that are useless for the AI.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Options
    Thuran said:
    Why not just run Dissenter's deliverance, violent impact or forsake the wordly, if you have that much trouble dealing with it? 

Satire is never appreciated.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The card is fine. Think about new players, give them a chance especially in the new meta. Cards  are hard to get, getting rare  is like getting a mythic. Cast out can help them with basic progression. There are more urgent cards like startle, Olivia and pig that need nerf
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They built cards into this set to answer Cast Out. You don't have to kill the support to re-enable your creatures due to creatures like Vizier of Tumbling Sands. Cast her, and all your creatures are enabled (it's supposed to work when you cycle her too, but doesn't for some reason. only when you cast her), and then Cast Out is just a dead support on the board. Same thing applies of you can exert a Combat Celebrant (though that's a mythic, so not as easily obtained as an answer)
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This card is EASILY answerable as outlined by wereotter, along with many support removals that were bolstered yet again with the set.  In fact, every color has access to at least one answer to it and related situations.  The reason it seems powerful is the decks in node 3 failed to pack any support removal whatsoever.  This made them extremely vulnerable.  It's not a card issue, but a deck design issue for them in that case.  If they overloaded with smashy mythics rather than balanced answers, it's a flaw and weakness that some are currently exploiting similar to the story mode eldrazi that is beaten with ease by any creature-less deck.  Not really an issue with the card itself.
  • wereotter
    Options
    James13 said:
    This card is EASILY answerable as outlined by wereotter, along with many support removals that were bolstered yet again with the set.  In fact, every color has access to at least one answer to it and related situations.  The reason it seems powerful is the decks in node 3 failed to pack any support removal whatsoever.  This made them extremely vulnerable.  It's not a card issue, but a deck design issue for them in that case.  If they overloaded with smashy mythics rather than balanced answers, it's a flaw and weakness that some are currently exploiting similar to the story mode eldrazi that is beaten with ease by any creature-less deck.  Not really an issue with the card itself.
    Sammut has support removal.... She runs Manglehorn which destroys a support on entry and takes one shield off a support at the beginning of the turn.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    wereotter said:
    Sammut has support removal.... She runs Manglehorn which destroys a support on entry and takes one shield off a support at the beginning of the turn.
    Interesting.  I have her deck list as:
    Channeler Initiate
    Champion of Rhonas
    Vizier of the Menagerie
    Glorybringer
    Honored Hydra
    Cascading Cataracts
    Oracle's Vault
    Sandwurm Convergence
    Throne of the God-Pharaoh
    Chain Lightning

Haven't seen her run Manglehorn.  I have seen it on 2.2 (Honored Hydra) but not 3.2.  Is that the one you're thinking of?  Or maybe we have a mistake when we compiled her decklist?
  • wereotter
    Options
    James13 said:
    wereotter said:
    Interesting.  I have her deck list as:
    Channeler Initiate
    Champion of Rhonas
    Vizier of the Menagerie
    Glorybringer
    Honored Hydra
    Cascading Cataracts
    Oracle's Vault
    Sandwurm Convergence
    Throne of the God-Pharaoh
    Chain Lightning

Haven't seen her run Manglehorn.  I have seen it on 2.2 (Honored Hydra) but not 3.2.  Is that the one you're thinking of?  Or maybe we have a mistake when we compiled her decklist?
    You may be right there. They have all kind of melded together into a pile of so many drake tokens since that's been the only way I have to get through some of these nodes....
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, not sure how anyone who doesn't have one of the Gods, Hixus, or Sanduwurm Convergence will win in node 3 of ToZ if they nerf this card..
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    They can't nerf this card after having just removed half of everyone's collection from the pool of available cards for Amonkhet events. Also, let's face it 3.1 for ToZ is a heck of a lot harder than 3.1 from the last two coalition challenges. 

It's 11 mana and you can definitely die before you get two or three of these out. Give the newer players with smaller collections a chance to compete here. I agree the card is overpowered in the context of the AI not replacing creatures but it's not nearly as bad as actual things that have to be nerfed like Baral+moon loops.

Editing to say that you can't even cheese multiples with Whir of Invention. I tried it for fun and it definitely does not work.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    On one hand I can see D3 eventually nerfing Cast Out, just like how they nerfed Claustrophobia and the like.

The problem, of course, is that Cast Out is currently just about the ONLY nonmythic answer to Zeal's 3rd node (all of them), and if it gets nerfed without the Zeal being nerfed as well, I can see people raging left and right.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cast out, is a strong card yes, but also very prone to effects that "enable" since the disable wont come back. so a destroyed hixus will screw you good.

Also when the creature dies, the new creatre replacing it wont be disabled.

it's' strong, but there are enough answers to it to be balanced. just make sure you pack an answer, each color has one. and it's'easier to sideboard these days with the event decks
  • Corn_Noodles
    Options
    [arNero] said:
    The problem, of course, is that Cast Out is currently just about the ONLY nonmythic answer to Zeal's 3rd node (all of them), and if it gets nerfed without the Zeal being nerfed as well, I can see people raging left and right.

Which is why players don't deserve this awesome power. It needs to be brought under control.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [arNero] said:

Which is why players don't deserve this awesome power. It needs to be brought under control.
    Indeed. God forbid that there be no way for Bronze Tier players to be able to beat the hardest challenge in the game.
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Since new perspectives won't give it mana on the draw, I'll call it even as an uncommon. Quit whining about simple stuff until the rest of the new  (and old) bugs are fixed. Priorities man...