Max progression without the required 4*?

tiomono
tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
So for the hunt I do not have 4* gamora. Will it be possible for me to hit max progression?

Under the old system I could still manage to get progression without the required 4* from the start of the event. I would get them from progression and be able to hit the 4* node a bit on the last day and get max progression.

I am concerned it won't matter how much grinding I do if I do not have the required 4 from the start of the event.

Maybe some Pve guru could give me some input on whether max progression would be possible without the required 4*.

Comments

• orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    My guess is that it's possible but you'll need to play closer to optimal for more subs, especially in a longer event.

So, it should be 5x non optimal clears with the 4*. My guess is that you'll need 6 clears with the regen time of getting your four clears in at the beginning of a sub to start the timer to make up for it. The extra 33% in points from the regen of the 5th clear after 22 hours and the 6th clear without the 4* sounds like enough because the 4* node 5x is usually worth 15-20% of a sub based on my gut feeling. 

Someone else can weigh in with better specifics but I say yes.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Here's some light math... :) 

After the timer has started, each node refreshes 1/3 of it's full value in a day. That means it gains 1.375% of full points per hour.

Reaching progression requires 4 starting clears (with full points values) plus 2/3 of a full clear more (how much you get when you do the 5th clear right after the first 4). 

When you don't have the essential character, you need to make for the points lost on that node from the other nodes. Now, 4* essential node value varies a little compared to the value of all the rest of the repeatable nodes in a sub, depending on pve event. Unless there's been some change, for The Hunt it should be about 16.75% (340 pts for 4* essential, and 2030 pts for the rest). 

16.75% x (14/3) = 78% (5 clears right away - minimum needed for reaching progression)

78% - 33% = 45%   (minus 6th clear right away)

So, you need to gain 45% of full points clear by starting the timers and letting the nodes refresh. Nodes refresh 1.375% per hour per clear.

That means, in this pve, you'd need to let all the nodes refresh at least 11 hours and do 5th, 6th and 7th clears or let them refresh at least 17 hours and do just 5th and 6th clear to make up for missing the 4* essential node points - if all the subs were 24hr. But since the 2nd sub is 48hr, this time it's even easier than that.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the maths. I think my head exploded. I also already goofed my first sub dealing with family stuff. 

So I will be happy getting gamora from progression and my amazing 8 cp.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    In fact you can hit max progression without the 4* for the entire event. Just in case you cant roster it for lack of HP.

So the old max progression was set at ~66.666% of the hypothetical maximum score that could be achieved in the event.

The new max progression has now been raised to ~77.777% of the hypothetical maximum.

The hypothetical max score that you can achieve in an event without the essential 4* is ~85.65%. So if you play close to optimum it is possible to hit max progression with no essential 4*
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Hadronic said:
    In fact you can hit max progression without the 4* for the entire event. Just in case you cant roster it for lack of HP.

So the old max progression was set at ~66.666% of the hypothetical maximum score that could be achieved in the event.

The new max progression has now been raised to ~77.777% of the hypothetical maximum.

The hypothetical max score that you can achieve in an event without the essential 4* is ~85.65%. So if you play close to optimum it is possible to hit max progression with no essential 4*
    Of course the work necessary to get a particular score is exponential. scoring 85% of max is WAY harder than scoring 75% 

This whole change is pretty clearly a faustian bargain.  playing PVE to the max will be noticeably more rewarding.  But the price of NOT playing to the max, or of missing out on an essential character, has also gone up noticeably. 
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    It should be easier with a 48 hour sub in the middle to collect max progression. I've picked up the Gamora cover half way through clearing the 2nd sub, so in reality you only have one sub you can't clear 5x of all nodes (If you max clear all in the first sub)

• spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    it might be a little later if you dont have gamorra to begin with
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I have G4mora and I don't think i'll make 10% because requiring 5 clears is mentally draining