Baral's Expertise doesn't cast

NiftyC
NiftyC Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
It's as though you hit "not now" when you choose a creature and hit "select." Has happened to me in at least two games, I think three, and not with prevent damage on board or creatures. Didn't see this reported yet. 

Comments

• Waschecht
    Waschecht Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Hi @NiftyC same happened to me several times now. 
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    I can also confirm this, for now I've removed it from any builds.
  • Ilidijan
    Ilidijan Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    NiftyC said:
    It's as though you hit "not now" when you choose a creature and hit "select." Has happened to me in at least two games, I think three, and not with prevent damage on board or creatures. Didn't see this reported yet. 

It happens when you don't have a card that cost 8or less in your hand
  • BigMcHuge
    BigMcHuge Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    It seems to require both aspects of the card in order for either one to work. You need a legal target that can be bounced, plus have a card that costs 8 or less in your hand.

Similarly, this is also a bug that affects Arlinn. For her third ability (human side), you give a werewolf +/+ and she transforms, however, if there is no werewolf on the field, she won't flip. Incidentally, this also makes Arlinn pretty worthless with the new restrictions, because as far as I know (and please correct me if I'm mistaken), there are no werewolves in Origins, AR, or Amonkhet. This means that both her second and third ability are unusable in the current PVP events, not to mention that you can't even access her three flip-side abilities since you can't transform her.
  • BigMcHuge
    BigMcHuge Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    This bug still exists and hasn't shown up in the Bug Update thread.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    BigMcHuge said:
    It seems to require both aspects of the card in order for either one to work. You need a legal target that can be bounced, plus have a card that costs 8 or less in your hand.
    I have definitely casted baral's expertise w/o a target before and had it fill the first card under 9 in my hand, however I just encountered the "won't cast when you select a target" issue for the first time. I'm not sure if I had a card in my hand at the time that cost 8 or less, though. I used it in my next match and it did work correctly, but I for sure had an under-9 card in hand at that time.