Give Us More Waves in Story Events

stealthdroid
stealthdroid Posts: 13 Just Dropped In

Waves are my favorite nodes in Story Events. Hearts of Darkness is so much more fun to me with all of the wave nodes. On top of the waves we get either a token or command points. These are great but what I like almost more than covers and command points is that they save me time while giving me more points towards progression. Instead of the normal 4 clears and wait its only 2!

It would be awesome to have an event that had even more wave nodes using pre existing story lines or even a new one, like Marvel Zombies! Thoughts?

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a false impression that they give you more points to progression as these points are taken into account when the max progression is calculated. With the new update of progression in PvE I say big NO to waves (unless they are pure goons maybe). You need to clear everything 5 (or rather 6 times if you are not doing it optimally) times and wave nodes is just more grind on top of the grind. 
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Magic said:
    It's a false impression that they give you more points to progression as these points are taken into account when the max progression is calculated. 
    I say it is TBD if they did the wave node calculation correctly this time since points degrade at 2 clears and not 4 for waves. When they were tinkering with PVE awhile ago, they forgot this point and made it 4x waves and many "I play until timers kick in, no more" people got the shaft. 

I'm guessing now waves need 3 clears instead of 2 now since you aren't going to usually quit out of a node at 2.5? :smile: