5* tokens should be colorless

I really enjoy this game but how has it become that getting the 5* problem of dupe covers and older 5s no been solved from having them colorless.  apply the token you pull to the ability you want, instead of being locked to a specific color and not being able to use it.  On the flip side would save customer service a ton of time not having to deal with cover swaps on latest.

I've played games in the past that have used this system and it is something that helps with the longevity of the game.  That way we can work on 5*s that we want to build that are in classic that would be fun characters to play.

sorry if this topic has been discussed and I missed it.

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Colorless covers? Discussed before? Naaaaaaaah. 
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    This has been covered a hundred times but yes, they should.   Given the sheer rarity and dilution of 5's it makes all the sense in the world.

Lets remember that every 5* can benefit from up to 113 covers!  There's absolutely no reason to go stingy with the first 13.  If the coding doesn't allow for a massive change like colourless covers then simply allow your customer service to swap classics and latest alike.

• Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Based on everything we know about them, they would never implement something so considerate or generous.

Ever.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    They should implement a chamber where you insert extra unneeded or unwanted covers that make a colorless cover. Example, One 5* and four 4* would make one colorless 5* cover.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    but then we wouldn't waste covers can't have that
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    but then we wouldn't waste covers can't have that
    You snark like this is some obvious mistake the devs should fix, but that's exactly part of it.

Unlucky RNG leading to undesirable outcomes is part of the genre. Getting stuck with covers you can't use is meant to encourage you to buy your way out of the problem. I suspect that 5* cover trading only exists because they haven't developed a system for letting people buy their way out of the problem of having a useless 5* cover (like, say, letting you buy CP so you could buy the covers you are missing in order to champ a 5*, and make your "useless" cover useful again, or a trade system to let you spend to convert it to another color to make it usable).

The reality is that colorless covers are an obstacle meant to be navigated, not removed. And that's why we're never going to get them.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited May 2017
    *There are threads advocating for colorless covers over in the Suggestions forum. You should check them out. Closing this thread as a result.*

**So the last colorless cover thread is a bit over a month old, so I'll reopen this and move it over to Suggestions.**
This discussion has been closed.