5* odds (streak breaker)

sinnerjfl
sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
Since 5*'s are behind RNG (and boy is it fickle), why not increase the chance of pulling a 5* after say, 7 pulls without getting one?
Just add 2% or something to your next pull and so on. It would help out a bit with this the pure RNG nature of 5* progression.

(Yes I know that after maybe 1000 pulls, your rate would be around 15% because of probability. Problem is, with 5*'s it might take years to even reach the advertised pull rate unlike other tiers)

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards

I agree with this entirely - some way to break bad streaks would really help the perception of bad luck.  If a person tracks their pulls then they can be certain that they're doing ok.  If they don't, though, a run of 10 or even 20 pulls without a 5* will create the perception that they are doing badly, and are pulling a lot less than they are.

For example, a person pulls ten LTs and gets four 5*s.  Amazing!  Then they go 20 without pulling a single one - it doesn't matter over those 30 pulls they are pretty much dead on (on average they should get 4.5,) the fact that they haven't pulled a single 5* in 20 pulls (potentially a week or more worth of tokens) will stick with them much more than the good luck they had over the earlier ten.  I feel this way all the time and I know for a fact that I'm pulling a bit over 15% overall - a bad streak feels like the worst thing in the world.

A "streak breaker" token would be a godsend and make us feel that we're doing okay.  I think the best thing to do would be to have a forced 5* after a certain number (10 or so,) and maaaaaybe adjust the actual % down to compensate.  Other people have suggested this too.

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Professional baseball has a thing called "slump busters". Basically, if a player is on a bad streak, they **** an ugly girl to start a hot streak.

So, they could always have the steak breaker to be an "undesirable cover" of the 5* tier. They wouldn't be giving away precious OML yellows, but people would still be happier (maybe?).
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not only do we need a streak breaker, we need an equalizer. Being 101:780, 12.94% I'm -16 covers 
  • Xicey
    Xicey Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Completely agree. I just spent 140 command points & not one 5 star cover. Really frustrated with all the time & money I put in & im not getting anything. Same goes with covers I have marked as favorite. I hardly get them either.