Should I be saving fully champed 2*?

dxanders
dxanders Posts: 98 Match Maker
I have my 2* roster all champed out, and a few are approaching the max level of rewards. Right now I'm transitioning from a 3 to 4* lineup (I have all but one of the 3* characters rostered that you get from champ rewards or token pulls. and 7 of my 3*s are champed). I only have one 4* rostered, and too many 3s and 4s on the vine. Of these, I'm likely to lose a few unless I drop a character from my team.

So here's my question. Should I start shedding my 2*s that are topped out and just recollect them for farming and DDQ when I have an abundance of slots, or am I better holding onto them?

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    In your situation you're probably better off if you keep farming the 2*. Right now you're severely hp limited, and they're one of your best sources of hp. (250hp from champ rewards and 125 for selling off at lvl 144) This means for every 2* you cycle through, you can buy another roster slot.

Yes, it'll hurt having to sell more higher level characters, but long-term you'll have everyone rostered faster by running the 2* farm.

(I assume you already sold all your 1* except the single one you use for DDQ)
  • dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Thanks for the advice!

Reverting my 2*s to farming shouldn't be too difficult actually. Most of my 3* champs synergize well together, and Witch/Fist/Cage can usually bulldoze through PvE with enough health packs left behind to keep me in the top 50 of the current PvP event. By the time I'm actively farming 2*s, I should have Strange and maybe Kamala champed up as well. Add in the fact that the characters about to hit max champ I never use, and i shouldn't be a problem. I was just wondering if there was some component I was missing in regards to weaknesses from missing 2*s.

And yeah. 1* Iron Man is reliably cleaving his way through his DDQ node every morning. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just make sure not to sell a maxed one until you have at least one Cover to replace them. Murphy's Law guarantees that they'll come up as a required character before you draw another :(
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I actually save that first new cover in my queue until its about to expire, which gives me 2 weeks to hopefully collect several covers so that when i sell the level 144, I can immediately apply a bunch of covers to the new 2*
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like I said, "at least" one. More is better, because trying to take on Required character Nodes with only one Cover can get almost as frustrating as not being able to do them at all.
  • spidey329
    spidey329 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    While HP intensive to start, the best way to farm, is to have one 2* champed and gaining champ levels and a dupe already max covered (and *gasp*, maybe a 2nd dupe). This way, as soon as you have a 2* to level 144, you can sell it and immediately apply the iso to your next 2*. With a little extra iso,(approx. 10k) you can have that 2nd one champed and begin the process all over again.