My reaction today when reading what I'll have to do to pull my first Gamora in the next PVE...

Rykard
Rykard Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
I read it was The Hunt...

Then I read I'd have to do 5 playthroughs...

THEN... I read the buffed heroes for the event...

Comments

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Boosted kate bishop is awesome 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought I'd seen the end of GIFspam on these forums...
    Why, was that person with the summer glau sig banned from here?  :D
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wondered about that... I don't see GIF spam specifically mentioned in the forum rules anywhere
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like threads like these, it's better than hearing people just complain.

But yeah, this PVE is not fun because of the more intense competition for the new 4*, combined with the boosted character list:

Hulkbuster - the 1 trick pony that's good for a nuke, but not good for wave nodes.  His strikes are strong, but 11 black is a lot.
    3*Thanos - good for quick kills and wave nodes, but that team self damage does eat health packs when playing for a 3 hour PVE session.

Boosted Characters I don't have champed and are essentially useless in the event:
    4*Gamora --- why are new characters boosted? no one has them!
    4*Rocket & Groot --- not ready yet
    Cloak & Dagger --- not ready yet
    Elektra --- I don't like her enough to champ her
    Kate Bishop --- I wish she was champed
    Riri Williams --- meh
    Gwenpool --- not ready yet

Boosted 3*s are OK, but most aren't good enough to make a difference.  I guess Deadpool could burn some points and whale harder opponents.  So, what teams can I play?

Hulkbuster(5/3/5) + Cyclops(3/5/5) + Star Lord(5/5/3)
    ---This team is all about feeding Hulkbuster Red to punch as many times as possible.  Star Lord reduces costs so that you can quickly add red tiles, punch, add more red tiles, punch, etc.  Purple is for defense.

Hulkbuster(5/3/5) + Cyclops(3/5/5) + 3*Thanos(5/3/5)
    ---This team is all about triggering Court Death ASAP by punching with Hulkbuster, so it can work against tough teams.  Punch, Court Death, Punch, Court Death, victory.  Cyclops will need periodic health packs though.

Wasp(5/3/5) + 4*Cage(3/5/5) + Star Lord(3/5/5)
    ---They're not boosted, but they work great against wave nodes.  Collect yellow, flip protect tiles, wait for more protect tiles, flip again, etc.  By the end of the waves I had about 6K each in strikes and protects.  Cage is so strong, I really don't need to worry about enemy countdowns or Caltrops.  Star Lord is mostly there to reduce the tile flipping to just 3 Yellow, but his 6 Red punching helps to win faster.  I suppose you could use Carol instead of Star Lord, but I think Star Lord is faster.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's talking about the next PVE where you get progression Gamoras.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    He's talking about the next PVE where you get progression Gamoras.
    Well, nevermind, I guess.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    FYI Kate and Riri actually make for a fantastic team together. Show them some love!

I am nervous about the increased grinding requirement for the next PVE and all subsequent PVEs, but I am approaching with an open and hopeful heart.

It will be tough if I don't win the new release at this one. My hope is that if I do 4 clears, I'll win the same prizes that I would have won on the same previous PVEs, yet if I do 5 clears, I'll win even more prizes. We'll see.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually have Kate and Riri champed, but I'm clumsy with their secondary skills. I've mainly been using them as hammers, and I think there's probably a better way to play with them.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    I actually have Kate and Riri champed, but I'm clumsy with their secondary skills. I've mainly been using them as hammers, and I think there's probably a better way to play with them.
    Not really. Kate only does damage.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    My team for this event is thanos + carnage + medusa. Both good for wave and lone nodes. U just need 1 friendly special tile match to negate thanos self team damage. And insane Green AP generation helps a lot.

carnage 5/5/3, medusa 5/3/5 and thanos 5/3/5 all champed
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Bring a self healer of some kind or a character that has a faster out of battle heal with Thanos.
    3 Star Daken (Self healer) and Deadpool (faster out of battle healing) are boosted for this event.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Borstock said:
    Not really. Kate only does damage.
    Her powers do other things. So do Riri's. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've only got Kate and Gwenpool champed.
    It's not going to be easy surviving PvP, that's for sure.

It's not been too bad for me in PvE thus far in Heart of Darkness but I've had to modify things here and there, like using Doctor Strange to take out Hood when he's got minions with him. Or having IM40 boosting Kate and Gwenpool. Or bringing in Ant Man to steal Muscle strike tiles.

God knows how I'm going to survive The Hunt. Hate that event...
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Thanos and self healers is incredibly fast for clearing nodes. Dr. Strange + Self Healers for any low level/non-hero node to heal them back up faster.

Bounce around and don't just 4 clear and move on and you'll have an easy time.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    One man's gif spam is another's insightful visual comments!
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    It's actually made me question whether or not I want to keep playing. 

Not interested in doing 5 clears, not interested in getting yet another character that will take forever to cover and level. 

Not happy about the fact that all of vaulted characters I worked so hard to level are barely on the boosted list.

• escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I'm one of the "lucky" ones to pull a gamora cover from the heart of darkness packs, still...seing the Hunt again is just "ugh". I'm in a love & have relationship with the new changes to the progression system. More CP - yay! more 3* covers -  alright! Yet, after 3 consecutive PVE's where I grinded to pile up the HP to roster Gamora, seeing that I have to do 5 timed clears which I don't want to / I'm tired after a week and a half grinding / don't have time now to plan waiting for the refill leaves me with doing six clears on each node without waiting to get to the top progression just to get the 25CP. Reluctantly I've started grinding 15hrs after the event has started. Now I wonder, cause I'm 80 HP short of rostering Gamora. Can I just grind 8 out of 9 nodes for 6 clears and I will get top progression or not? Are the featured nodes counted into getting top progression or can I just do the non-featured ones?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    You need TWO clears to get the 4* covers.
    That's two clears to get the 4* cover if you can play the essential nodes unlocked by that same character.  If you don't have the character, you'd need a little more.  Granted, it is a lot less than 5 clears.