Mercy for the weak

Options
Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
I would really like to see PvP mechanics tweaked to make it feel less like a complete waste of time to play past 700 points.

At some point in progression (700 seems to be the approximate threshold for me) you become visible to pretty much everyone, including those fielding WAY more powerful teams than you are.  For me, that's 2 champed 5*s chewing up my 2 champ 4's or 4/boosted 3 in half the time it takes me to complete a single match.  What this results in is the monster roster jumping on me multiple times before I can earn points and setting back progress.

It's bad enough that you can be attacked by the whole universe, but multiple times by the same person is brutal.  I got hit 3 times in the span of two matches by the same guy last night wielding champed panther/thanos against my squishy little OML/Switch team.  I could really use that powerman black, was trying to get in about 60 points during my hop so I could reshield and make up the rest today.  I got my first match out of the way.  Second match, hit by the 5* and one other.  I had one more juicy queue so I pushed my luck, and the 5* hit me two more times in the span of that one match (lost to a third person in that span as well).

Yes, I pushed my luck and got burned for it.  I'm not griping about just getting hit.  But the same person singled me out 3 times in a row, and because they have what I can only assume is a whale roster, they can destroy me twice for every one match I get out.  And the retal isn't even worth as much as what I lost (which is its own kind of ridiculous), so it's not really worth wasting deadpool points on it.

Can the system be tweaked such that you have a cooldown on targets?  Like once you beat someone they disappear from your queue for 10 minutes?  Or maybe that they don't lose points from for every subsequent win after the first in some time window?  

Being food for whales is not fun.  I'm pretty sure I've lost any chance at the progression cover, as well as a top 5 (I was rank 3 when I started the hop), both of which are covers I sorely need, because a bully decided it would be fun to stomp on my corpse a few times.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Softcapped 375 OML with Switch who has zero synergy.

You're lucky you only got tripled by one guy, TBH.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OP, you've got stronger roster than mine.I've only begun my transition to 4* and have no playable 5*. Nevertheless, I routinely hit 900 in PvP if I have a champed 4* that week. Last Top Gun event, I even hit 800 without any champed 4*, relying on Wasp+Falc+Switch combo. If you are a 3* player, I would sympathize with your cause, I used to be in the position of being a score fodder for 4* rosters out there when I was in 3* land. But seeing that you're well into 4* land, there is really no excuse not to hit 900.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You can easily hit 900 by doing the following;

Day 1: Build and float around 500, you can keep up with that if you play a match here and there through out day.

Day 2: Build Up to 750. 24H Shield.

Day 3: Build up to 850: 8H shield ( or 3 depends on how many health packs you want) Just before breaking shield queue up over 50 points of matches. Should be able to do that w/o getting hit and hit 900.

It's all in when you push, if you do massive climbs at once you are making yourself more visible to everyone and the more you attack the more you will get attacked back. That's why you have to break up the climbs with shields. Sucks spending the HP but if you need the 4*, spending 450Hp on it isn't that bad as you make some of that back during the climb.

So for instance: Iron fist event; If you started Tuesday at 8pm, You build up  and float around 550 ( or higher), Wednesday around 12 or 1, use a 24h shield until Thursday, then push between 750-850 and use 8H shield when the event has 3 hours left break shield climb the remaining points ( 3-5 matches tops) hit 900 and shield up for remaining 3 hours if you want rewards, if you don't shield expect to loose 300+ point in 5 mins. Works for me but I hate spending HP on anything other than Roster slots.

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can hit 900 most of the time.  I did in that particular event, but barely.  I reached it just before getting hit back down to 750.  I'd left myself wide open with an easy team and paid the price for it, but I got the cover.

That's not the point of the suggestion, though.  I don't like the concept that a strong team can repeatedly beat on a weak team.  It holds the same for maxed 5*s vs 4/3 combos as it does for champ 4's beating on 3's or 3's beating on 2's.  The stronger team should still be entitled to gain while the weaker one is unshielded, but I don't think the weaker one should lose points from hits after the first from any particular player.  At least within some reasonable time frame.