Would you please stop calling it vaulting?

zodiac339
zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
The term "Vaulting" has been used by the community since characters were removed from token pulls. However, Vaults already exist for events, and Taco Tokens are used in something directly called a Vault. The characters remover from regular pulls should therefore not be called "Vaulted" as they are not in any existing Vault (unless specifically placed there alongside characters that are available normally anyway).
I propose that characters removed be called "Archived". Like e-mail or other files, Archived heroes are removed from regular storage (tokens, Latest and Classic Legends), and put somewhere less accessed (Bonus Heroes, Event Vaults, Heroes for Hire).
Alternatively, call them "Retired". It's less accurate, since they're still going to be used and seen regularly, but still better than using Vault for two separate things. Also, when your Bonus Retired Hero drops, you can smile and say, "I try to get out, but they pull me back in!"

Would you please stop calling it vaulting? 16 votes

Yes - I think Archiving is a logical way to refer to heroes not in rotation
31%
Nightglider1morph3uszodiac339brollHaiKulture 5 votes
Yes - I think Retiring is a good way to think of characters not in rotation
25%
frachrdokiy1EvilManSkadenFrudee 4 votes
Yes - I don't like calling them Archived, but I'll try using my own term
0%
No - Even if some people think it's confusing, I'm going to keep calling it Archiving
43%
V1rusHuntertph_jamesFelessaPants1000Screen MonkeyBatteryHorseTintaiwan 7 votes

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes - I think Archiving is a logical way to refer to heroes not in rotation
    Huzzah! 100% of poll takers want to call it Archiving. For now.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited May 2017
    *The poll breaks the rules and as such I am closing the thread. Also, the no answer doesn't even include vaulting in the answer.*

To clarify why it's called vaulting, when the feature was first implemented with 3*s, the devs referred to it as vaulting, so we are simply keeping the same nomenclature. 
This discussion has been closed.