Less joy with each update

sutoLkcalB
sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
Do you also have the same feeling?
With each update there are more bugs.
With each new card set some weird aspects enter the game, like potential endless loops, negative features like cycling (matches are too short to leverage this; on the other side you can not throw them away w/o paying mana) and so on.
The longer the game exists the more payers are there.
Somehow I lose interest - I was just watching darts in the TV while playing MTGPQ.
Says everything ...

Comments

• Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Eh. There have been hits and misses. There are things they get right and things they get wrong. 

Bugs will I'll be fixed eventually. 

I guess it it bothers me less since I'm f2p, but it also doesn't inspire confidence or fill me with enough warm fuzzies to actually buy something. 

I do like the cats, though!
  • Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    edited May 2017
    With the removal of quick battle there is less to do when you log into the game. Pve was done in a day. PvP has no charges and has to wait. Training grounds completed for the day (takes like 5 minutes).  

I would think that we need an extra PvP running at the same time. Maybe bring back SoI events and only run BfZ and SoI cards.

Also...do something about rank rewards. It is sad for a 2 day event and there is still no reason to put every into getting top 5.
  • Lightcell
    Lightcell Posts: 78 Match Maker
    This one seemed rushed for some reason :-/ Anyone know if the game is sunsetting or something and they are going for a quick cash grab before announcing it? Could be losing the license from Wizards of the Coast? 
  • Twee
    Twee Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I highly doubt the game is "sunsetting" but could be wrong.  And I do agree that every time this game gets updated a whole slew of wonkiness ensues. However, considering everything that devs have to deal with, It's gotta be a nightmare.  If you look through the dev blogs and the suggestion pages as well as various others you'll clearly see that the Dtebs really do try, they just created a monster that's hard to maintain( both customer base and development).  
  • klobberer
    klobberer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I'm just about done playing. The standard thing has made the game unenjoyable and nearly unplayable for me. I lost to Temmet in 5 turns. He had a 17/17 and a 15/15 both with 1st strike by turn 3. There is almost no creature removal left in the game with BFZ and SOI out of the game 
  • Twee
    Twee Posts: 56 Match Maker
    The new event has kicked my butt.  For some, mostly who have the cards, it's fun.  I've stopped trying to advance in it as it stressed me out too much.  Too many times of either being defeated like you said, by turn 5 or grinding on a foe who has 350+ HP  down to 50, only to lose to a crazy cascade where mythic after mythic are casted.  I collect my dailies, and wait for events that I find worth the grind.
  • AresOmega
    AresOmega Posts: 75 Match Maker
    The problem is, there really aren't any events worth the grind.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Trial of Zeal is a huge gob of spit in my face.  They take away half of my cards, make me play against cards they haven't even released yet, and I can't even win A basic booster out of it.  I haven't got a new card out of a basic booster in at least a month. 

In a game where common << uncommon < rare <<< mythic, why take away all the rewards?  First they devalue the currency, then they remove the rewards from events.  If I can't get better cards, why am I playing?

You defenders out there, why do you think this is fun?  
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    What rewards did they take away? 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not so much "took away" as much as drastically reduced the worth of the rewards. I mean, a basic booster as part of the rewards in platinum? Seriously?? Where's the incentive in that? 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not so much "took away" as much as drastically reduced the worth of the rewards. I mean, a basic booster as part of the rewards in platinum? Seriously?? Where's the incentive in that? 

Yeah, the basic booster was pretty insulting.

• gillkonam
    gillkonam Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Here here Madwren. Penny ante rewards to high level participation is the antithesis of a properly managed game.