Carnage is easy now.....really

Options
bbigler
bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
I used to dread this PVE event because Carnage would eat my health packs, aided by a goon AP feeder.  But now with the new characters of Medusa and Hawkguy, I enjoy these Carnage fights, especially when I add in 4*Cage who I've recently champed because of vaulting.  I used to always kill Carnage first, now I leave him for the end.  Go ahead, make more tiles for me!

This team is awesome against Carnage and Symbiotes:

4*Cage (5/5/3)
Medusa (5/3/5)
Hawkguy (3/5/5)

Matching enemy specials generates a lot of AP for Hair Meddle and Quiver of Arrows.  I can empty that quiver really fast this way.  I can also fire off Hair Meddle almost every turn too.  Sometimes I get so much purple that I can fire off Hawkguy's Boomerangs as well for added strikes.  If I have the black, I'll fire off Hawkguy's power to heal himself and generate enemy specials, which I then try to steal with Hair Meddle. 

Luke Cage is optional and mostly there to protect you from damage, but the end result is a nearly flawless battle.  No health packs needed.  Luke Cage occasionally fires off his yellow and red, which is just bonus.  Even without Cage, Medusa heals the team practically every turn.

You could also use Doc Ock instead of Cage to add even more attack tiles and hit them with green a few times.

Perhaps you could use Prof X as a 3rd member to passively generate even more friendly tiles since I'm firing off powers every turn.  Unfortunately, my Prof X is stuck at 5/2/0 right now.

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, Medusa is a changer against Carnage. Actually, I just put her next to my own Carnage. I might try Hawkguy with those 2, but usually I go with Mr. Fantastic or Wasp. It's slow, but works really well.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    medusa simply the best counter to carnage you can put her with whatever and you'll win all the time.
    But to speed thing up get some good green/blue users. My choice is iceman(best green/blue powers IMHO) and carnage(for even faster AP generation and decent red aoe). You only miss black active power - but whatever.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My anti-Carnage team is now Medusa, 4-star Cage, and (pause for Dramatic Effect) MR FANTASTIC! Lots of healing when one of your tiles is matched. If you can get Cage out in front when someone else fires off a power, one of their special tiles gets reduced (or goes away completely at LVL 5) The extra blue AP from Medusa means Mr F's stun gets fired off a lot more frequently than normal, and the protect tiles also help against the enemy strike tiles.  Plus, all of his special tiles are initially Fortified, so they really help with Cage's Yellow. No active Green user, sadly.

A pseudo-rainbow team with Medusa that you could try is 4-star Hulk and 4-star Falcon. No active blue user, but with Hulk you want your blue AP to be high so your green does more damage. Falcon's protect tiles are kind of iffy since a lot of the yellow tiles will be taken up with Carnage's specials, but he will boost your attacks every time you match a blue.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Medusa/Falcon/Wasp handled him just fine for me. I only needed two Health Packs in 6 clears, and one of those was because of an utterly ludicrous cascade before I had any Protect tiles out.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Don't forget that they neutered Carnage in Venom Bomb by taking away his red.  Brag too much about how easy he is and they're liable to restore him to full power.  :o

That being said, even after they removed his red, Carnage was a bit of a chore in Venom Bomb.  The addition of a 12 cover medusa to my roster, in addition to the Strange I added last run makes this PVE actually border on fun!
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only problem with these Medusa vs Carnage match ups is that it takes a long time to finish the battle, which is really bad if you're going for top 10 placement.  But it makes for a fun match, which is the point of the game, right?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you don't have C4ge ready or able to play with Medusa vs Carnage, don't forget about the old pal Doc Ock. I'm telling you his blue does incredible damage once there are plenty of enemy specials on the board (often 6K+). His green builds up pretty fast which stuns, and boosts a special of yours. Then don't forget his passive black. Every time you match an enemy special, he creates 1 or 2 pretty strong attack tiles of his own. These are further health insurance if anyone matches them.
    I even played these two with Hawkguy along as well, and there is plenty of blue going around for both guys to fire off (esp since hawkguy runs out of available basic blue tiles quickly).
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    bbigler said:
    The only problem with these Medusa vs Carnage match ups is that it takes a long time to finish the battle, which is really bad if you're going for top 10 placement.  But it makes for a fun match, which is the point of the game, right?
    It's awesome for SHIELD Sim with Mr. Fantastic thrown in as a third. No rush there anyway, it's fun to play, and you get a ton of defensive wins since it's pretty easy for your AI controlled team to spiral into just healing and generating AP every turn.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    bbigler said:
    It's awesome for SHIELD Sim with Mr. Fantastic thrown in as a third. No rush there anyway, it's fun to play, and you get a ton of defensive wins since it's pretty easy for your AI controlled team to spiral into just healing and generating AP every turn.
    Yep, you need a nuke of some kind to get rid of Medusa as fast as possible. Otherwise, the matching AI will eventually get enough blue for Flexibility, and make taking them down that much harder. A suggested counter I've seen is Red Hulk and Carol Danvers, with Rulk taking enough damage to trigger Burning Anger pretty early, activating Carol's passive to boost the tiles Carnage gives you. Possibly add your own Mr. Fantastic at 5/5/3 to get some heals and to stun Medusa long enough to down her.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes, Medusa is a hard counter to Carnage.

However, that one node with Carnage + 2 "guard dog" symbiotes was a pain. With him just spamming out attack tiles every turn and seemingly intent to match his own tiles, I took more damage on that one node than on the rest of the sub combined.
  • Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Unless Carnage is also teamed with Medusa, then that's where things get interesting.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unless Carnage is also teamed with Medusa, then that's where things get interesting.
    By interesting I assume you mean boring, and long, and tedious.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    By interesting I assume you mean boring, and long, and tedious.

And he'll look even better when you add Lockjaw as the 3rd.

KGB

• Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    I actually like using Kingpin, Carnage, and Medusa. Kingpin needs another rework though imo.