Ep#90: Gamora Eviscerates Inercepts

* New Gamora 
* Types of tiles 
* SHIELD signal intercepts discontinued

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    - I love that Ray pointed to Craig to start on this audio only adventure
    - NuCarnage was a breeze against poor Old Doc Ock (he needs a revamp or sumptin') and today's Quake vs. Sue the Shooter was no problemo either. Next Crash is Drax, the first newbie in some time
    - There's my weekly reminder to send that spreadsheet to Craig
    - There are people postulating that 4Gamora is already game breaking out of the game, but it's one of those things that need to be tested practically as opposed to reading it
    - I will wait before discussing the SHIELD intercepts until the This Chord people smarten Craig up
    - It's not "raisin hate", it's more "raisin IDGAF"
    - Luke was a whiner for 1 and 3/4 movies
    - You should also be reading the Darth Maul comic, the only thing from THOSE FILMS I can recognize
    - Outside of hundreds of thousands of dollars falling out of my TV, nothing could get me to watch American Idol
    - I cannot think of any actively 'bad' four star. Eddie Brock Venom could use a re-tooling
    - Ah Phoenix, still the best five star in the game. Making red, making strike tiles, making movies, singing songs, fightin' 'round the world. I run her at 5/4/4 as that one turn countdown to comeback is SWEEEEEET!
    - My reward of the week was a Bag-Man, now level 131
    - My vine...le sigh...a Bum Fist, a War Machine and two Mordos. I got nine days and 179,000 ISO to pull the trigger on one of these clods
    - Ian's Thanos cover story breaks my heart, especially since Thanos covers are rewards currently in PVE
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely agree that Phoenix green is great at 5 covers for the 1 turn (half a turn, usually) turnaround. There's nothing worse than cascading away your own From the Ashes tile. Except the Star Wars/Frankenstein scene.

I guess I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I liked Donna Noble. She's not my favourite companion, but I think her biggest flaw is having to follow Rose Tyler and 'open' for Amy Pond. What's wrong with you people? :P

Agree that almost all of the 4*s are in a pretty good place. Ray definitely needs to cut Agent Venom some slack, he's lots of fun, definitely no worse than Ba- Mr. Mordo. (Mr Mordo is my father. Call me Karl). Real Venom could probably use some work, and X-Force Wolverine could definitely use some more hit points (or a more reliable heal. 3 turns is forever.) but that's about all I can think of.

Ian, I recommend you start prepping for Hawkeye's Featured Pigs In Space Week now. I know he's not coming up next, but let's put it this way. I was counting his different powers... and then I ran out of fingers.

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    Did I detect another item for Ian's Venn diagram?

Toward the end of the episode, he mentioned that he was concerned for his alliance since he had seen so many 7CP bonuses.  Then he said, "You guys need to rein it in! I love Command Points, but that's not appropriate!"  And yet, surely Ian would agree that receiving 7 free CP is dope, yes?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Re: Phoenix

I think she really needs purple to be at 4 or (preferably) 5 covers to excel.  Creating cascades is devstating with 5* match damage.  AND creating red cascades for her  means that she will match away some of her own strike tiles, which is good because it will enable you to keep casting her red.  (and if any enemy attack tiles do survive, they will likely be reduced to harmlessness by any match5s you get from the cascades. 

All in all, the best tactic for her seems to be to collect 14 purple and then double cast, hoping for a cascade (a la 3* IF, but at a slightly higher ap cost).  Then use use the red AP you collected to throw out some strikes, and rinse/repeat.  So 3/5/5 o 4/5/4. 

But discussing Phoenix at all raises a larger issue with 5*s.  I think it is a mistake for you guys to discuss the classic 5*s at all.  In the current game environment, there are really only 2 kinds of players: those that already have pheonix at 10+ covers, and those that will never get any really use out of her.  The classic token pool is just too diluted.  How is anyone supposed to get 13 covers for her on a 5% bonus chance on top of a 15% drop rate in tokens that only be purchased with the rarest currency in the game?  Covering a classic 5* now would take way more than 500 classic LT pulls with only 1 5* favorite selected.  That's 10k CP for just 1 character, which is a healthy amount for the big whales to earn in a year.  Long story short I think you should skip the classic 5*s entirely and start with 5* BP before he leaves the pool in 6 or 8 weeks.  That will give people more directly relevant information (and help answer the timely question "should I be spending CP on Latest tokens now while I have a shot at this character?").  The release rate is slow enough that you will have plenty of time to backfill the classics.

Finally, on the topic of **** 4*s:  Eddie brock venom seems like the current low-water mark. His yellow is fine, but everything else is pretty bad.  And there are some underwhelming ones (reworked fantastic is still weak, riri and mordo are kinda meh, xfw/thing/fury are hopelessly outdated, dino is intentionally bad, and miles and spidergwen both have some real drawbacks), but just about everyone is useful when boosted. 

In any event, thanks for the content as always!
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Really enjoy these podcasts but I can't find it on the android platform, would listen to more of them if I could listen on the go. Is it available for download on android anywhere?
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    cubnad said:
    Really enjoy these podcasts but I can't find it on the android platform, would listen to more of them if I could listen on the go. Is it available for download on android anywhere?
    https://play.google.com/music/listen#/ps/Ichujojgvtb3rkdcgjfvtrwkurm
  • cubnad
    cubnad said:
    https://play.google.com/music/listen#/ps/Ichujojgvtb3rkdcgjfvtrwkurm
    Seems my problem is location. I currently live in Vietnam and Google music isn't available here. Guess I'll just keep listing off the website. Thanks though 
  • XaOs72
    XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    cubnad said:

Seems my problem is location. I currently live in Vietnam and Google music isn't available here. Guess I'll just keep listing off the website. Thanks though 
    Have you tried Stitcher? It should be on there. We have a link on the bottom of the home page.
  • cubnad
    XaOs72 said:
    cubnad said:9

Have you tried Stitcher? It should be on there. We have a link on the bottom of the home page.
    Thanks downloaded Stitcher and added the podcast.