R127 Release Notes (5/22/17)

Options
124»

Comments

  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dayv said:
    Starfury said:
    Brigby said:

    • Matching a Fortified tile will now generate AP, deal damage, and activate trap and Countdown tiles when applicable.
    Does this mean something like X-23 purple trap tile can be triggered multiple times?

    I.e. you match a fortified trap tile, it triggers and loses the fortified status but remains on the board?
    It seems to indicate that.  I haven't tried it with a trap (getting a fortified trap tile is possible, but not trivial), but @Ducky and I tested it with 4* Deadpool purple, 4* Medusa red, and 4* Wolverine yellow, all of which produce countdowns that have an effect when matched.  All three of them produced their effect as if they had been matched normally and lost their fortification, while the countdowns remained on the board.

    I'm burying the lede here a little: I haven't tested it yet, but this will be huge for 4* Rocket and Groot green.
    Oh my goodness, just played around with 4* DP, Peggy and GG... That purple got mileage for days. 

    Bet it gets hot fixed ASAP if that's even possible. Gives a huge player friendly buff to some combo of characters and we know those go noticed quickly :smile:...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Dayv said:
    Starfury said:
    Brigby said:

    • Matching a Fortified tile will now generate AP, deal damage, and activate trap and Countdown tiles when applicable.
    Does this mean something like X-23 purple trap tile can be triggered multiple times?

    I.e. you match a fortified trap tile, it triggers and loses the fortified status but remains on the board?
    It seems to indicate that.  I haven't tried it with a trap (getting a fortified trap tile is possible, but not trivial), but @Ducky and I tested it with 4* Deadpool purple, 4* Medusa red, and 4* Wolverine yellow, all of which produce countdowns that have an effect when matched.  All three of them produced their effect as if they had been matched normally and lost their fortification, while the countdowns remained on the board.

    I'm burying the lede here a little: I haven't tested it yet, but this will be huge for 4* Rocket and Groot green.
    Oh my goodness, just played around with 4* DP, Peggy and GG... That purple got mileage for days. 

    Bet it gets hot fixed ASAP if that's even possible. Gives a huge player friendly buff to some combo of characters and we know those go noticed quickly :smile:...

    I tried this, it's more fun than Wasp / Carol / Coulson.  And my GG isn't particularly good.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    D4Ni13 said:

    MPQ 127!

    "Stop me if you've heard this one"

    Yondu and his whisteling arrow ?
    Couldn't be. Players actually want him added.
    True. I want him so bad.

    But if they don't add him now, I don't think there will be a future time for that, having the volume 2 events in mind... 
    It's called Blu-Ray release date. Like Mordo with Dr. Strange. I'd call it 75% Yondu with Blu-Ray, 25% Nebula. Or 70%, 25%, then 5% Mantis.
    Yeah, didn't think of that one. 

    Made the update yesterday on android, and it seems the loading icon is now the Guardians of the Galaxy logo... so with that in mind, it could still be one of the Guardians universe next. 

    And now that I think a bit about the hint, it could moreso be Ego, the Living Planet. In the movie he quoted songs with Peter, so could that be a hint to him ? 5* Ego ? (not sure I want him in the game - hoping for Yondu on Blue-Ray release). 

    PS. I think they are holding Nebula for Infinity War. She has a big role there. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:

    Inhumans mini series that will probably give us Karnak, Crystal, and (again fingers crossed) Maximus


    I'd like to see Maximus more from the lack of villains in-game and variety that would bring for Story events, but I think Lockjaw is the safest bet for an Inhumans tie-in.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    D4Ni13 said:

    MPQ 127!

    "Stop me if you've heard this one"

    Yondu and his whisteling arrow ?
    Couldn't be. Players actually want him added.
    True. I want him so bad.

    But if they don't add him now, I don't think there will be a future time for that, having the volume 2 events in mind... 
    It's called Blu-Ray release date. Like Mordo with Dr. Strange. I'd call it 75% Yondu with Blu-Ray, 25% Nebula. Or 70%, 25%, then 5% Mantis.
    Yeah, didn't think of that one. 

    Made the update yesterday on android, and it seems the loading icon is now the Guardians of the Galaxy logo... so with that in mind, it could still be one of the Guardians universe next. 

    And now that I think a bit about the hint, it could moreso be Ego, the Living Planet. In the movie he quoted songs with Peter, so could that be a hint to him ? 5* Ego ? (not sure I want him in the game - hoping for Yondu on Blue-Ray release). 

    PS. I think they are holding Nebula for Infinity War. She has a big role there. 
    True, Ego could be a 5* addition. I was thinking they'd use him as a boss, but using the MCU version Kurt Russel avatar would work for a playable character. Hopefully, one of the powers has an animation that includes the classic "planet with a goatee" artwork. "Stop me if you've heard this one. A racoon, a tree, and a nuclear bomb run into a living planet..."
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am currently reading the X-Men Legacy: Legion Omnibus and David says there (as Pete Wisdom) "So 'ere's a good one, folks -- stop me if you know it... An englishman, a scotsman 'n an irishman walk into a bar..."

  • Zeln
    Zeln Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, but the change to Peggy's blue probably should have been listed here.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zeln said:
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, but the change to Peggy's blue probably should have been listed here.
    What changed?  Looks the same to me.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zeln said:
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, but the change to Peggy's blue probably should have been listed here.
    Did one of her teammates die? It makes 1 tile for each active hero rather than 3 tiles. If she's alone, you get 1 tile. If the issue was something else, please include what you saw as a change.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

    Hi Everyone,

    Here are the Release Notes for the R127 update!

    MPQ 127!

    "Stop me if you've heard this one"


      Mary Jane Watson aka the Iron Spider.
    • cvtstoneman25
      cvtstoneman25 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
      edited May 2017
      Options
      "Stop me if you've heard this one"

      With the Runaways series coming to Hulu, I think it's going to be Nico Minoru. As a novice sorceress, she was never able to repeat spells. If she did, the results would be...less than desirable.

      Edit: Apparently, I misremembered (It's been a while since I read the series). It doesn't have to do with her proficiency as a sorceress, but rather a caveat of the Staff of One which she uses.

    • Skrofa
      Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      I honestly do not understand this obsession with new and original characters. Sure, they are nice to have and look at but aside from that?
      It's not like variants have nothing to offer. Aside from the​ lazy ones, daken, cap, thor and the 5-3 pairs, most of everyone else has different sets of powers so they feel different.
      Carol for example. A 2*, 3* and 4*. Each different to each other with different uses.

      I don't care who shows up as long as they are interesting! Mordo was original and I sold a bunch of his covers because I priorotised carol instead of him.

      Now... This hint might be a variant. If it comes with an interesting set of powers, BRING it! If not, just another character whom I will roster and never look back to. Just like a lot of "original" ones. Just look at the 3* tier. Lots of them there
    • Ayasugi-san
      Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Was anyone else prompted to uninstall the app so the update could be applied? That happened to me, and it locked me out of the game for two days while CS restored my account.
    • Phillipes
      Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
      edited May 2017
      Options

      mexus said:


      Seriously tell me, when did we get character, who was not in this patters (linked by Marvel itself) ???


      Remember Medusa?
      Thanos?
      Coulson?
      Well, these are exactly forced by Marvel, IMO.
      Medusa - Inhumans (movie)
      Thanos - post credit scene in one of the movies (I don´t remeber which)
      Coulson - movies, series.

      Only character which I agree with is Agent Venom.
    • SpringSoldier
      SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      What's the problem with more characters from the movies or tv? There's plenty of them to chose from. Not to mention the reason they get their own movies/tv shows was the fact they were popular to begin with. I can't see any reason for the devs to promote the unpopular ones.
    • Ducky
      Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
      Options
      @Phillipes Medusa was the result of an in game poll.
    • Peej13
      Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
      Options
      So, "stop me if you've heard this one before," was referencing them releasing another variant?
    • Tee
      Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
      edited June 2017
      Options
      Brigby said:
      • Powers with AP costs that are modified by board conditions are properly adjusted when a match-5 changes the board condition. This affects:
      • Psylocke (Classic)'s Power Psychic Knife
      • Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)'s power Tell Me Everything
      • Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy)'s power Cherry Bomb
      • X-23 (All New Wolverine)'s power Tracking Prey
      • Cloak & Dagger (Classic)'s power Pocket Dimension
      • Venom (Eddie Brock)'s power Symbiotic Fury.

       Missed Quicksilver.