Potential evolution of vaulting

Dr_Booom
Dr_Booom Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
Apologies in advance if these ideas have already been mentioned.

Currently the legendaries vault contains the 12 most recently released covers.  Once the covers drop out it can be difficult to regularly draw older covers unless through progression of placement rewards from events.  4* covers at 900 on PVP are not easy for majority of players to reach, and placing regularly in top 10PvE is also a huge undertaking.  I appreciate that the bonus hero pulls do give a potential avenue for obtaining older characters but they are relatively rare.  I propose 3 possible evolutions to improve the vaulting experience (my preference is from 3->1!):

1. I wonder if each week or even each PVP season a few old characters could rotate back into the pool.  Eg 12 newest with 3 older characters, or 10 newest with 2 older characters.  

2. Alternatively keep the 12 newest and each player could nominate their own 1-3 wild cards (in a similar way to favouriting for the bonus heroes).  The advantage of a nominated system is that if people just wanted the newest 12, they don't have to select one, but for players that want older covers they 1 in 15 chance of pulling e.g. PunMax.  

3. The Devs have also said they are aware that players get frustrated with wasted covers and are looking at ways to tackle this.  Another approach could be that you can nominate one or two characters from the latest pool and sub them out for your one or two older favourite heroes.  The beauty of that variant is that it somewhat dilutes the angst of seeing another Agent Venom or Mordo, as you could avoid them entirely.  Swap the stalker for a unicorn!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Forbush
    Forbush Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    I continue to struggle to find a valid argument against a customizable token pool, especially with the BonusHero favorite system in place.  Why not just let us select as many additional characters as we want, and do away with the paltry Bonus Hero feature?  I understand the need to drive the playerbase towards the latest twelve (and three, and twenty), so those would always be locked in, but by allowing us to choose who else goes into each token pool per tier, that would be a system flexible enough to fit all playstyles and preferences - and not invalidating champ rewards or older characters - while still prioritizing new releases.  Let *us* decide, individually, however focused or diluted we want our token pools to be.  I still don't get why this wasn't the solution to dilution from day one.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dr Booom said:
    Apologies in advance if these ideas have already been mentioned.

Currently the legendaries vault contains the 12 most recently released covers.  Once the covers drop out it can be difficult to regularly draw older covers unless through progression of placement rewards from events.  4* covers at 900 on PVP are not easy for majority of players to reach, and placing regularly in top 10PvE is also a huge undertaking.  I appreciate that the bonus hero pulls do give a potential avenue for obtaining older characters but they are relatively rare.  I propose 3 possible evolutions to improve the vaulting experience (my preference is from 3->1!):

1. I wonder if each week or even each PVP season a few old characters could rotate back into the pool.  Eg 12 newest with 3 older characters, or 10 newest with 2 older characters.  

2. Alternatively keep the 12 newest and each player could nominate their own 1-3 wild cards (in a similar way to favouriting for the bonus heroes).  The advantage of a nominated system is that if people just wanted the newest 12, they don't have to select one, but for players that want older covers they 1 in 15 chance of pulling e.g. PunMax.  

3. The Devs have also said they are aware that players get frustrated with wasted covers and are looking at ways to tackle this.  Another approach could be that you can nominate one or two characters from the latest pool and sub them out for your one or two older favourite heroes.  The beauty of that variant is that it somewhat dilutes the angst of seeing another Agent Venom or Mordo, as you could avoid them entirely.  Swap the stalker for a unicorn!!!

I kind of dig number 2 as an option. One thing on my mind had been more of a "voting out" system, selecting up to X characters to not drop from pulls. Devs feel that RNG is necessary I guess, so go to Vintage Heroes and vote no on, say, ten Rares and fifteen Legendary? Something like that. I'd also like to vote no on some of the latest 12 too. I won't name names, but it's Flash Thompson.