Matchmaking change?

Options
Deimos12
Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Has there been a change to matchmaking recently? I'm sitting at 260 points in hollowpoint kiss and can't find a match worth even 10 points...I've had this happen at higher levels like 1100 but never this low. What the heck is going on?!?

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    Its a little early in the tournament. Has it changed after you gave it some time?
  • Deimos12
    Options
    I got to 200 points about 3 hours ago and just came back and slogged through 6 10 point matches to get to 260 so in those 4 hours no there hasn't been a change. I could understand the early argument if I was sitting in the top 10 in my bracket or something now. But at 260 I'm sitting in 30th with 1st at just shy of 500 so there's got to be points out there somewhere?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    There was a change a few tournaments ago. If you've tanked too hard, that could definitely happen.
  • Deimos12
    Options
    Hmm...ok thanks Nemek. I didn't think I've tanked that hard (finished top 5 in punisher event and have only been able to jump on 2/3 lightning rounds) but maybe that's it.
  • I think if you leave the game for some time, people in your MMR bracket will have gained some points. Then, you will get more points from each match.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    I think if you leave the game for some time, people in your MMR bracket will have gained some points. Then, you will get more points from each match.

Your opponents are queued ahead of time, and that includes their displayed point of value. So if the game queued up a guy who has a rating of 100, and say you have a rating of 100, you'd see him as rating 100 worth 25 points when you get around fighting him, regardless of how many points he may have gained or lost since then. Though when you do win (or lose) your point is adjusted by whatever his current score is. I've had people that looked like they are worth 40 points but fell off a cliff by the time I actually played them, and the other way around too. In general, high point value opponent should be fought immediately unless you've reason to think that guy is going to go even higher.
  • Anyone have a link to a thread that discusses exactly what they changed a few tournaments ago? Thx.
  • Phantron wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:
    I think if you leave the game for some time, people in your MMR bracket will have gained some points. Then, you will get more points from each match.

Your opponents are queued ahead of time, and that includes their displayed point of value. So if the game queued up a guy who has a rating of 100, and say you have a rating of 100, you'd see him as rating 100 worth 25 points when you get around fighting him, regardless of how many points he may have gained or lost since then. Though when you do win (or lose) your point is adjusted by whatever his current score is. I've had people that looked like they are worth 40 points but fell off a cliff by the time I actually played them, and the other way around too. In general, high point value opponent should be fought immediately unless you've reason to think that guy is going to go even higher.
    What I meant is when you start playing PvP immediately when it starts, there might not be enough people with high points giving you a reasonable amount of points. Because I did that before and once I reached 200-300 range, all fights started to give less than 12 points and I was close to the top most in my bracket.

Then I left the game and came back next day to get points like before again.