Did D3 pull through on their promise? I think not.

Options
Froggy
Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
Despite promises from D3 that the PvP events will require one use specific card sets, they have failed to provide. In the ToTP event, I run into nothing but BFZ and SOI decks. If I seriously missed something, maybe someone can enlighten me. @Brigby, maybe you would know something about this?

Comments

• Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think TotP is always going to be open to everything. You're just not running into completely broken decks in PvP events with secondary, block-specific objectives that require you to build decks around them, i.e. ****, EO, FiRF, etc.
  • Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I believe the restriction referred to the free block-related PvP events, and I'm glad it is. With a lot of our hard earned and paid mythics having become obsolete in Standard, it's good to have at least one place where they can still be of use in PvP, especially where you have to pay to play (sorry, Training Grounds don't count). 

I do hope it stays this way.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If you click on information on an event, and it's a Standard legal event, it will tell you. Currently, only Fate is Really tinykittied and Trial of Patience are Standard legal.

The other events should probably tell you that they are Legacy tournaments when you click on their info, but they don't currently.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby