Mordo

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2017 in Roster and Level Help
I get him all the time nowdays. I have him at 13 covers, but only at level 132 (sigh). Is he worth levelling and champing? Takes 350.000 iso to do that. He's kinda annoying to play with, I think.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Depends where you are in the game. What are your goals?

Regardless - the sooner you make a decision the better as you will be getting lots of his covers (he is fairly recent so he will be in packs for next 4-5 months I guess). I would champion him now and just use the covers for extra rewards. Otherwise you will have to sell them all (who knows how many). Or you will champion him in 2 months and regret selling covers earlier.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks, I will hang on to his covers and only sell them just before they expire. I will pour iso on him and see what happens. I have nearly all 3* champed, I have a 2* farm and in the process of champing 4*. 
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you are in the process of championing 4* then you are pretty much looking at championing only the latest 12 (plus the top of the top for vaulted - Iceman, Peggy, Rhulk, Jean, maybe Cyclops, Nova, Hulkbuster, Punisher, Star-Lord - that is pretty much it and only if you already have 10-13 covers). So championing one of the more recent ones of the 12 (he is number 3 on that list with Iron Fist and Cloak ahead and Rocket plus Gamorra will join next season to push him to 5) makes lots of sense. In his life cycle you will probably get him to low 300. Is he a special game changer - probably not. But can he be useful - sure. He produces lots of black charged tiles. That can work well with any black user or charged tile user (like Thoress or Black Bolt). Support guy with limited capabilities (but in a team with 3* iron fist and any black user can shine).

With the current iso flow it takes about 10 days to get the iso to max one character (playing PvE to 4 clears, DDQ, some PvP, intercepts, champion levels for 3 and 4 starts). Good luck.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I pretty much only play this game to champion 4*'s, so my default answer will be champion them all :)
    I have a bitter hatred of throwing away any cover, so that is my reasoning for championing Mordo, I will be hate championing him in the next few days.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I championed Mordo a couple days ago, just because he was the next in line with surplus covers after pulling tokens.  On paper he looks like garbage - damage is pathetic at champ level compared to some 4* at lv 70.  Playing him I've found he's not that bad.  If you're using him for offense (rather than just as a black battery), you need to time out his powers so you can choose between single-target and AoE.  His charged tiles allow you to string together small nukes once every turn or two once you get it started.

He's currently boosted in DPvMPQ.  One I gather 10 blue and up to 7 black, I fire blue for 11k, match away one of the black.  Next turn fire black for 7k, match black again.  Turn after that, depending on how many you matched away, fire single-target black for another 7k or blow up your charge tiles for 9k AoE.  With the single-target damage you dealt the previous two turns, the AoE is usually enough to fell the rest of the team, or at least leave it with one character remaining.

I'm curious to fight against him, because I have no idea how well he'll do on defense.  The AI won't be able to time out his powers for optimal play, but since the blue converts opponent's strongest color he can suddenly come out with several small nukes in a row and unexpectedly cascade.  Pair him with a black tile generator like doom or fist and it can get all sorts of crazy.

He's not top tier by any means, but not as pathetic as he seems at first.