Free reward for 2.1 problems thoughts

Options
Captsquee
Captsquee Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
It sucks so bad all the glitches and issues that are going on. I'm sure many of us were excited about the release and I for one enjoy the new limitations set forth in events. The game is getting more like tabletop. After 2.0 fell flat on its face "ta-da" 2.1 follows in its footsteps. Only this time it's worse because we all got that nerd MTG itch that we want to scratch. New cards man *twitches*, like a hoard of dope fiends with tax checks we are begging to get our fix lol. Free is free, I'm sure we all appreciated the 100 crystals, but I don't think that's adequate enough this time. Bugs were expected but the event is going to be scrapped again. Luckily the other worked but 2 boosters is a tease. Then we can't grind story mode for crystals. I haven't even got my rewards from nodes of power yet. To say the least a super pack would be or 200 crystal. Amonkhet was way more anticipated and limited the game from events to story. Cards were expected to have glitches but the starting PWs  was a surpriseven. The rewards for trials will presumably be administered in whatever amount of time (still waiting on my coalition nodes rewards development team *hint hint*). The community deserves a few freebie cards with a shot at a rare. The devs need take this very seriously and compensate the community well. 2 updates in less than a month and both do almost the same things. Only difference is a new card set was added in and it got us all Getty. Trust is wavering if not already lost amongst some. Make us happy d3. Mind the stepchildren and don't forget to cup the balls. 2 updates this close to one another doing the same thing almost. Then top it off with the nerd Crack aspects. Two botched attempts in a row, double the apology. Pissing off your consumer/player base in a consistent manner is not going to get you where you want to go 

Comments

• Lightcell
    Lightcell Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    We got 100 crystals?
  • Captsquee
    Options
    Lightcell said:
    We got 100 crystals?
    We did for the 2.0 crash. Like i said free is always nice but this time the mistake needs to be addressed properly. This whole ordeal should've been pushed back. If removing a game mode and adding 2 save slots was problematic taking a closer look at adding so many different things would've been wise. It was a big let down wits the game having so many issues. I'm dying to get cards and literally cant
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lightcell said:
    We got 100 crystals?
    for anyone who did not claim your free 100 crystals they have expired after 7! days

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you, @Mburn7
    A compensation already has been announced. A decent one has been given after the last major problems before anyone demanded it. The officials know about the ongoing situating, and I'm sure they'll take it into account.
    This is already the second thread dealing with the same..topic.
  • losdamianos
    Options
    Thank you, @Mburn7
    A compensation already has been announced. A decent one has been given after the last major problems before anyone demanded it.
    In what universe loosing rishkars expertise due to **** sudden maintenance is equal to having 100 crystals how come this is a decent compensation. 

Please explain
  • losdamianos
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

Being nice and patient with bugs, reporting them, and leaving it at that is how you get free stuff.  I know everyone is frustrated (the bugs get worse with every update), but acting like spoiled children is not the way to go
    Here is another wild idea, how about TESTING product before release
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options

We agree 100%  on that point.

In what universe loosing rishkars expertise due to **** sudden maintenance is equal to having 100 crystals how come this is a decent compensation. 

Please explain
      in the universe where none ever said it was a compensation for the event reward. I actually had a similar idea and asked Brigby if the compensation was related to the OP card. It isn't. He actually clarified that the 100 goldish things were meant to compensate for the general inconvenience - I'll surely come back to that once the major bugs are resolved. I also was kicked out of the race.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @losdamianos- if they tested their product before releasing it, they would have never issued Rishkar's Expertise in the first place.
  • Captsquee
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    I miss the days when there were issues, we got 100 crystals (or 150, or 50), and everyone said how great it is that the devs care and compensate us for their mistakes.  Now, every time the app so much as slows down a few frames, people come here demanding compensation, and lo and behold, we don't get it anymore.
    Something tells me that the compensation has vanished BECAUSE of all the complaining, just like how if a restaurant makes a mistake and you TELL them to comp your food they wont do it, because you asked.
    Demanding free stuff is not how you get free stuff.  Being nice and patient with bugs, reporting them, and leaving it at that is how you get free stuff.  I know everyone is frustrated (the bugs get worse with every update), but acting like spoiled children is not the way to go
    Let me break it down for you real quick. D3 made this game to make money.  How do you keep a solid customer/player base?  Innovation,  consistency,  and functioning product. A customer is not going to give you repeat business if you screw up all the time and don't provide something to make up for it.  I love taco bell and the one where I live is slow and screws up my order almost every time.  You have something I want but your accuracy and execution is sub par consistently . Why would I continue giving you my hard earned money after being disappointed time and time again. All those early free things were to hook people in.  When 2.0 came out they were gearing up and all they did was tweek the deck aspect,  fix a few glitches,  added a very basic new event and took away a cherished game mode.  The result was the game basically crashing and they pissed off a large portion of their clientele.  They nerfed a card you had to purchase too.  Yay 100 crystals which is a booster of common dupes essentially.  How about the rewards no one has gotten for nodes of power.  I really could use that rare I was supposed to get.  Now we have a new card set coming.  Hopes are high everyone is all excited and bam.  In less than a month its jacked again.  Who is gna buy cards when the game is bugged everywhere.  Why wasn't this pushed back after the failures in 2.0. Fix existing problems don't add to them.  I was actually going to spend money for the first time and that ship has sailed.  Bugs and such are getting worse each update? Meaning no offense hows being patient working out?  Now you pissed off your patrons even worse for the second time over the game itself not working and everything from cards planeswalkers game modes and events are having issues. I'm not getting the rewards I earned prior,  can't grind to get crystals in story or events. Spending money is the last thing I am going to do if I can't use what I bought.  You have the right to demand adequate compensation if you pay for something that is sub par to the standard guaranteed to you by a company.  People buy the cards to be competitive, time spent in game help to be competitive. It is not whiny to want a reason to continue my patronage with anyone who is not delivering upon the agreed expectation.  At what point do you not step back and realize is a snowballing amount of problems and take it with a smile on your face.  Keep touching the stove it'll stop hurting eventually I promise
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't see how that relates to my point.  I have said repeatedly that the app is horribly broken, I mean, I haven't been able to play a full match since 2.0 (talk about getting screwed out of Rikshar, I can't even get progression rewards).  I fully agree that there should be compensation, and I fully agree that the compensation should be larger.  What I don't agree with it people coming here and DEMANDING compensation, and then getting angry when/if it is received.  I don't know why basic decency and manners gets thrown out the window online, but compensation for issues is something the devs should do because its the right thing, not because we ask for it.  Honestly, if you are asking for free stuff because of a mistake (not just in a free game, but in a restaurant, shop, store...ect) you should not get anything, even if you are absolutely correct. 
    I repeat, THEY ARE GIVING US FREE CURRENCY IN A FREE GAME.  Sure, to a top-tier player its fairly worthless, but its pretty useful for everyone else.  I just don't understand how we as a community can get so furious when there is no compensation, even more furious when there is compensation, and then expect more compensation in the future.  It makes no sense to me
  • Flaricus
    Flaricus Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If I order a product, lets say at a restaurant, that turns out to be not what I ordered or made incorrectly, I will ask for it to come back FIXED the way I believe I want it to be.  I will wait for some time, if it comes back repaired,  and the correct actions have been taken.  I will be fine.
     I may not want to come back a second time, or I will stay away from a certain server or time of day that it was made to try to steer clear of a certain cook or something. There are restaurants in my area that I used to love, but will not return to because of horrible experiences.  
    The same way I feel about this game.  It was like my nearby restaurant that I used to love,  it had its quarks, and I REALLY had some bad experiences. But because of how great it used to taste I keep on getting my hopes up.  Through the Coalition issues, and the game crashes I am ready to not come back, especially since I have 2 other mobile games that if a small issue is seen I get treated like gold, and their is Immediate compensation for the issue and I have it fixed. 
     Its just have had a too many bad experiences and I want to know that I am a valued customer.  I dont want "FREEBIES"  I want to know I am valued as a patron of this game. 
  • losdamianos
    Options

We agree 100%  on that point.

Please explain
      in the universe where none ever said it was a compensation for the event reward. I actually had a similar idea and asked Brigby if the compensation was related to the OP card. It isn't. He actually clarified that the 100 goldish things were meant to compensate for the general inconvenience - I'll surely come back to that once the major bugs are resolved. I also was kicked out of the race.
    I got bumped out of 25 because when I fnished my WON game Developers decided to do maintenance and lost my points, notg only this but I created one lucky spot for somoene who otherwise if maintenance wouldnt happen they wouldnt get top 25 lets call him mr 25th

mr 25th will also get COMPENSATION for this inconvenience. 

Im still baffled how this is a fair compensation for either me or him.

• Laeuftbeidir
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So, you're upset @losdamianos
    I get that, and it's understandable.
    But you're repeating yourself with other words while quoting my post, without referring to it at all. No need to tag me.
  • losdamianos
    Options
    My point is that its more of an INSULT rather than a DECENT COMPENSATION as you've said before.
    fortunately, we all can vote with our wallet