Requesting...Rescue! (made up specs inside)

Options
Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2014 in Speculation and Concepts
I'm a total novice at this, so I'm going to use letters instead of actual numbers because I have no idea what level 1 character stats are. I also apologise if this is in the wrong place, but I thought the character discussion page was built around the idea of existing characters, rather than speculation on what we'd want to see.

I really like the idea of having Rescue as a character.
250px-Rescue_Earth-616.jpg

Lower HP than Iron Man, perhaps around the Black Widow mark. Not designed as a tank, so much, but as support. I kinda imagine her as a 3 star, primarily because of her blue move potentially outclassing OBW, and we need a good 3 star healer other than Spider Man I guess.

Possible moves.

Purple
Magnetic Force-Field
Cost: 10 purple
Description: Rescue's Repulsor Tech Node creates an electromagnetic barrier that grows in strongth the more energy remains, shielding her allies from harm. Creates a purple shield tile of X strength for every 5 purple the team has.
Level 2: Creates a tile for every 4 purple
Level 3: Defense increased to X+Y
Level 4: Creates a tile for every 3 purple
Level 5: Defense increased to X+Y+Z

Red
Energy Emanation
Cost: 10 red
Description: Rescue's repulsor energy may be less directed than Iron Man's, but it's just as powerful. Hit all enemies for X damage + A for every defense tile in play, destroying the tiles and dealing damage but no AP.
Level 2: Damage increase
Level 3: Damage increase
Level 4: Damage increase
Level 5: Damage increase

Blue
Enhanced Healing
Cost:
Rescue's R.T Node can be used to heal her allies, the power grows depending on her stored energy. Heals all allies for X health + A for every defense tile in play, destroying the tiles and dealing damage but no AP.
Level 2: Increases all countdown tiles by 1 turn.
Level 3: Increased healing
Level 4: Increases all countdown times for a further 1 turn.
Level 5 increased healing.

Again, sorry I'm not providing actual values here, I am not fully into the mathematics of it all.
It's likely this build is broken as heck too, I was giving it some thought at work tonight (shows how busy it was, eh?) and this is kinda what I came up with. I liked having her as almost a reverse Wolverine with the shield tile building instead of his attack tiles, also the idea of them acting like a force field she could detonate in different ways. Though perhaps a little far fetched. I suppose the red move could be a little over powered in that sense. I like the idea that she has defence tiles up that she'd need to detonate to use her other abilities, making her more of a risk/reward style character. Sure your heroes are taking less damage, but you really want to heal them, so you need to time it right. Same deal with doing damage. Is it really a good time to drop your defences and go all out with the attack?

I'd love to know what you guys think.

Also, if any developer sees this, I will say here and now you are free to use whatever idea sounds good here. I'm not going to go after you if you take any of these ideas and put them to use. I'd just be happy to see Rescue show up as a character =)

Comments