For the love of god, stop making pvp and pve end at the same time.

WelcomeDeath
WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
This weekend, new character pve!  My alliance doesnt require pve, so I'll have to merc out....wait what?  It ends at 2am, an hour before pvp Ends?  Again?!?!?!?!?  Three weeks in a row.  Hybrid alliances are golden on this issue.  I will likely just lose a cover for pve.  I could merc out for both and piss off my home alliance....but I think that's a bad idea.  How hard would it be to run 4 day then 3 day pves every week?  You always run one then the other, just don't run any more 3day/4day weeks.  Run just 4day/3day. 

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *off to suggestions and feedback*
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    With respect...this isn't new. PvE and PvP have had an hours difference since slices began.

That said, I do my final run on PvP way before it ends. PvE for me ends at 10pm, it's the most convenient time. So I have PvP end at 11pm...but I do my final run around 3pm and then slap on an 8 hour shield.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    TWO NEW CHARACTER RELEASES in ONE SEASON ending at practically the SAME TIME is bad. Very Bad. TERRIBLE.

Was thinking about making not this (moved) post but a thread debating the merits, a poll and so forth.

Once again since this was moved I'll suggest: AT LEAST EIGHT HOURS difference between end times of PVP and PVE events.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    The devs don't care that people merc because that was never the intentions of alliances.

They also gave us different end times so we could help manage situations like this in terms of personal play.

I don't really see an issue.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Wow, get a life OP.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Why not enter PVE at slice 1 and PVP at slice 2? Then you'll have several hours in between the endings.

That doesn't help when alliance rewards are concerned, which is the point of the OP.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    So why not being up when the time is right? Take the PvE alliance rewards and you have 1 hour to go back to the PvP alliance. Talk to people in the alliance and make somebody who is up at that hour a commander. Of all the things that require communication in this game this is one of the easiest to do.
  • Bowgentle
    edited May 2017
    Magic said:
    So why not being up when the time is right? Take the PvE alliance rewards and you have 1 hour to go back to the PvP alliance. Talk to people in the alliance and make somebody who is up at that hour a commander. Of all the things that require communication in this game this is one of the easiest to do.

PVE ends at 2 am for East Coast US, which isn't a great time to be up before a workday.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guess not. But i think this is where the "get a life" formula comes in. If the game is taking that much coordination and effort and you try to maximize everything it becomes work (or at least a chore). That is probably not good. 

I still remember the time when I was playing "OGame" (is that thing still going?) and I was setting my alarm to 2 or 3 am just to move the fleet. It was an addiction. So is MPQ but i am controlling my hunger better. No more pushing to max everything. It's a relive. I've got a bit of life back ;)
  • Bowgentle
    Magic said:
    Guess not. But i think this is where the "get a life" formula comes in. If the game is taking that much coordination and effort and you try to maximize everything it becomes work (or at least a chore). That is probably not good. 

I still remember the time when I was playing "OGame" (is that thing still going?) and I was setting my alarm to 2 or 3 am just to move the fleet. It was an addiction. So is MPQ but i am controlling my hunger better. No more pushing to max everything. It's a relive. I've got a bit of life back ;)

For the first 14 months, EVERY PVE ended at 6 am CET.
    So to grind for placement you had to be up by 5, if not earlier.

THAT was rough.

• WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    The point is, I dont want to be setting alarms, so I dont.  Also, pushing for max progression is pretty easy, maybe 45.minutes a day, and about an hour for 1200 in pvp every third day.  If they ended separate days, like they would if it was 4day/3day every week instead of 3 day / 4 day, I could actually get the rewards by moving to a pve alliance.  I'm not waking up at 2am to do it.