Vaulting over-corrected Dilution

keitterman
keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
So I'm not the kind of player that stockpiles tokens in MPQ. The fun part of the game for me is opening a token and seeing what I get.

B/c your vaulting change, opening a legendary token or spending CP is no fun at all, and actually a point of anger when playing a fun game.

I have 10 of the current 12 available characters at 13/13 covers. I have three of them championed. 

Doing the math, when I pull a 4* it's:
1/4 chance to level a champion,
1/12 chance it's a cover for the next one I'll champ
1/2 chance at 1k ISO (since there's no way i'm going to champion a second before it expires)
1/6 chance it's making my non-champion issue grow

How exciting.

50% of the time it's a swift kick in the nether region. Fun.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    50/50 odds (not counting 5* pulls) isn't bad. And you did pretty well getting those other 130 or more covers.

I don't know, man. Prior to vaulting I got a grand total of 2 Kate Bishop covers (after I had a roster slot for her, anyways. I may have gotten some prior to that that I couldn't roster, but I'll never remember those). Sure, I technically "used" those covers, and didn't "waste" them, but they haven't done me any darn good since then; I might have gotten better use out of the 2000 ISO.

Ok sure, I've used her as an essential character a few times. So the first cover was helpful for that, but the second... nope. It's done nothing for me.

And you clearly need ISO at this point (to champion your next dude) so it's not like 1000 ISO is useless to you. Imagine if selling a 4* cover only gave you 50 HP or something ;)
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I think 50/50 is terrible. Pre-vaulting, i got covers at a rate such that if I hit 13, i could easily get the ISO to champion time, while kicking my other champs up when needed to win Clash of the Titans. Now i'm staring at roster slots that are likely never going to move, or move very slowly, while the covers I do get have caused me to have a surplus of un-championed 13's. To me, the most obvious indicator is that it was extremely rare that I had to sell a 4* cover, and it was for something like 5/1/1. Now It's not uncommon to have 13 to 20 unusable 4* covers. 1k ISO is very easy to get, so selling covers as a source of ISO is laughable. now if i could sell it for 1/13th of the cost to champion a character? Zero complains. Another indicator is that the first character I championed was TA-Hulk. he's at lvl 274. a few weeks ago I championed 4* Luke Cage. he's at 285. Why does this matter? The 12 champions currently available will grow rapidly over the vaulted ones. The 4*'s I like? They are basically frozen. This has just made it really un-fun, whereas before, opening a legendary token was exciting to see who I could get. Now I know it will be a disappointment.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since RandG are not yet in packs my chances are:

24 out of 36 will be a champion level (in next 7 days it will move to 27 out of 36).
    3 ouf of 36 will be an extra cover for Mordo who is now at 13 and will be championed as soon as one cover falls (or the iso is there - so in about 15-20 days latest). That will spike the championing club to 30 out of 36.
    Only Iron Fist (2 covers) and Cloak and Dagger (10 covers) are not max covered.

So i have 27 (30) out of 36 being a champion level (that is ok, but not very exciting). 1 out of 36 will go to waste (Fist black, as I will not buy his covers for CP even if one falls). That gives me 5 out of 36 being "fresh" covers. And I don't like the odds.

Long story short - as soon as Coulson (my next champion with 2 covers on the vine) is done I am back to full hoard mode (already hoarding Legendary tokens). And this is what is annoying me the most about the system. I don't like hoarding but I feel like I am pushed to do that. I prefer a cover for Cloak and Dagger or RandG then a level for Spider Woman or Venom or Riri. Might as well hoard and expand that list to Gamora while SW and whoever else leaves the packs.