Aetherworks Marvel Overload ability not working

Options
Kyokudai
Kyokudai Posts: 38 Just Dropped In

Just got Aetherworks Marvel, but I'm pretty sure that it is partially broken.

It's first effect of energize 1 appears to be okay.  Support destruction and spell casting triggers properly.

The second ability of Overload 2 doesn't seem to function at all.  I was under the impression that overloads built up, meaning you don't have to hit 2 energy gems in one turn.  It doesn't trigger over 2 turns with energy matches.

Regardless, I also hit 2 energy gems in one turn and didn't observe a new card coming in from my deck and gaining full energy as the card explains.

I've made sure in both cases to have an empty slot in my hand for the new card and didn't notice my hand add a new card to it.

If you need further information or if I am misunderstanding the card, let me know.

-Kyo

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The overload counts the energized gems matched at the same time :
     if you match 3, while overloading one, and than a second match falls into place also overloading one, overload 1 effects will trigger twice.

On the other hand, if two separate energized gems are popped in a cascade (like, a green and a red match 3 with one energized gem in each), overload 2 abilities will trigger.
    Just FYI, since you tested both options

• Kyokudai
    Options

So for an overload 2 to trigger they have to be in the same match or cascade?  Or is it within the same turn?  Meaning you have a match 5 with a single energy, followed by a match 3 with another single energy.

Regardless, my test involved a cascade with 2 energy nodes.  in my case it was a red match 3 followed by a black match 3 from a cascade.  The Aetherworks did not trigger overload 2.

What I didn't test was a single match with 2 energy nodes.

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If the cascade overloads one gem after another, it remains overload 1.
    Simplified : they have to pop at the very same time. Not only in one cascade, but at one moment
  • Kyokudai
    Options
    Gotcha.  I will re-test tonight maybe and update this.