Quick intercepts question.

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
Sorry if this been answered before, 
also sorry if this should be in some all-mighty intercepts thread. But:

Will you more likely get intercepts if you play early on the day? 
For me in Sweden the game starts a new day at 13.00 (1pm). I know there's a limit to how many intercepts you can potentially receive during one day. 
But my question is, and I'm having a hard time coming up with a good wording for it;
does every player get a new pool of intercepts that they can deplete during the day or does the game itself get a new HUGE pool of intercepts that players draw from during the day as long as they last?

I think I've seen more intercepts if I play early. If I play later, I don't get as many if any at all, so I'm simply wondering if other players might have emptied the intercepts-pool by then?

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Intercepts reset at around the same time you get the alliance iso bonus (between 18:00 and 19:00 CET)

At that point your chance to get intercepts will be set to the maximum and then decrease with each intercept you actually get (up to a theoretical maximum of 20). It doesn't matter if you play your matches right after that reset or in the morning, your chance to get intercepts is independent of other users.

BTW, how do you define "new day"? DDQ? Unless I'm mistaken, that should start at 12:00 Sweden time.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    In order to try and get more intercepts, I restart my game multiple times.

I'm not getting as many as I used to.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Starfury said:
    Intercepts reset at around the same time you get the alliance iso bonus (between 18:00 and 19:00 CET)

At that point your chance to get intercepts will be set to the maximum and then decrease with each intercept you actually get (up to a theoretical maximum of 20). It doesn't matter if you play your matches right after that reset or in the morning, your chance to get intercepts is independent of other users.

BTW, how do you define "new day"? DDQ? Unless I'm mistaken, that should start at 12:00 Sweden time.

Alliance ISO bonus and new day both is at the same time - 10 past noon CET.

Not sure where your 18:00 comes from.

• Starfury
    edited May 2017
    Bowgentle said:
    Starfury said:

Alliance ISO bonus and new day both is at the same time - 10 past noon CET.

Not sure where your 18:00 comes from.

I get alliance ISO as well as daily VIP reward between 18:00 and 19:00, usually around 18:30.

First PvE match after that always yields the guaranteed Intercept.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

That's so weird.

You'd think people in the same timezone would have the same schedule.

• Starfury
    mexus said:
    Starfury said:

Thanks. So there intercept pools are personal (I always figured) and not global (so that other players can deplete the total number of intercepts before you can bite the cake)?

Hm. New day is hard to define.
    For me, DDQ starts at 12.00, however and I also THINK I'm getting my VIP bonus at that same time. However, I get the alliance and daily reward at 13.00 when the PVE slice 1 ends and it seems also this is when the intercepts refresh.
    If - as it seems from Bowgentle's post - alliance rewards aren't paid out to everyone at the same time, it would be even more proof that it can't be a global pool.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    I am pretty sure that DDQ starts at the same time for all players. Think like the Boss events.  What time it is depends on where you are playing.

In terms of alliance & Daily reward, I think it is based on the time you actually started playing.  Like, Day 0, hour 0.  Mine is 3:00 pm my time, currently (US EST).  VIP for me is the exact same time.  So, this is highly individualized.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I get my Daily resupply and VIP bonus in the afternoon, around 4PM CET or 10AM EST.

I've seen someone mention that the time you get your resupply is based on the first time you logged into the game, but I have no idea if that is correct or not.

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:

I get my Daily resupply and VIP bonus in the afternoon, around 4PM CET or 10AM EST.

I've seen someone mention that the time you get your resupply is based on the first time you logged into the game, but I have no idea if that is correct or not.

That seems to be the case based on past discussions with alliance members.  I get my resupply around 5:30 AM EST, DDQ starts at 6 AM for me.
  • Starfury
    edited May 2017
    What an utterly strange system...

What's the criteria for the number of people having logged in then? Is that number of people who logged in during the 24 hours the last completed DDQ ran for? Within their personal 24 hour cycle? Within your 24 hour cycle? Within 24 hours of the current time?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:

What's the criteria for the number of people having logged in then? Is that number of people who logged in during the 24 hours the last completed DDQ ran for? Within their personal 24 hour cycle? Within your 24 hour cycle? Within 24 hours of the current time?

I assume it is within your 24 hour cycle. If someone misses a day that may affect different Alliance members on different Days I suppose.
  • Starfury
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:

I assume it is within your 24 hour cycle. If someone misses a day that may affect different Alliance members on different Days I suppose.
    Or it might affect only some, while not others.

Simplified example:
    Imagine my cycle runs from noon to noon and yours runs from midnight to midnight.
    Player C plays one match at 11:00 and one match at 13:00 on the odd days and doesn't play at all on the even days,
    For me, he plays once each day, for you he plays twice every other day.

Not that it would matter much in the big picture, but that would be quite absurd.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,794 Chairperson of the Boards
    To maximise mine and get as many as possible I do 2 clears in the morning and 2 in the afternoon after daily reward. I know you can't do that if you care about pve placement but I find it rains rewards that way.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Good news, now you don't need to worry about optimizing intercept times, because no more intercepts!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    In terms of alliance & Daily reward, I think it is based on the time you actually started playing.  Like, Day 0, hour 0.  Mine is 3:00 pm my time, currently (US EST).  VIP for me is the exact same time.  So, this is highly individualized.
    I'm pretty sure this is correct. I get my daily resupply at 14:38 (US PST) each day, which seems like really odd timing for something that was standardized, and I think that I first fired the app up right around then.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    mexus said:
    Good news, now you don't need to worry about optimizing intercept times, because no more intercepts!
    Huh?
    There's been an announcement that they'll be no more intercepts unless you pay to play (intercepts last 28 days after your last payment) and they'll be available to Steam users. They've added some new rewards to DDQ, but they're far behind the intercepts.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should read the announcements more :)