Marvel Avengers Alliance?

Options
Half of the MPQ friends I have on FB seem to play this game.

Anyone here play? Is it any good?

It's not Farmville with X-Men, right? icon_lol.gif

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    I played it on Facebook, moved full time over to the Playdom site and abandoned my FB account version. It's pretty much a F2P turn based RPG. Pick two heroes along with your Agent who has a custom gear set, select abilities, damage enemies, win loot. Almost to 300 on it!
  • IceIX wrote:
    I played it on Facebook, moved full time over to the Playdom site and abandoned my FB account version. It's pretty much a F2P turn based RPG. Pick two heroes along with your Agent who has a custom gear set, select abilities, damage enemies, win loot. Almost to 300 on it!

Wait, wasn't it that Playdom basically died when Disney decided they weren't making any money on FB?

Is there any future in this game? Seems like Disney's gaming is really focusing its efforts/money on Disney Skyland--err, Infinity. Oh, and of course, the fine fine game we have in MPQ. icon_razz.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    someguy wrote:
    Wait, wasn't it that Playdom basically died when Disney decided they weren't making any money on FB?

Is there any future in this game? Seems like Disney's gaming is really focusing its efforts/money on Disney Skyland--err, Infinity. Oh, and of course, the fine fine game we have in MPQ. icon_razz.gif
    There have been a couple Playdom games that have been shut down but M:AA is still going strong on both FB and the Playdom site. The site is also hosting a couple non-PD games as well now with Ghosts of Mistwood and Words of Wonder. Kitchen Scramble just opened too. Our cousins over at PD are doing just fine. icon_e_smile.gif
  • You can also play on your phone, but I don't think characters are transferable between them all.

I played for awhile until I had to get a new phone and then it just kind of drifted away...
  • very attractive game.. i found a guide for this game.. spec ops task list and bonus link also found there.

http://www.avengersallianceguide.com/2014/02/marvel-avengers-alliance-special-operation-spec-ops-16-task-list.html
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gameplay was way too slow for me
    not to mention the frequent crashes
    tried it twice and uninstalled twice
  • IceIX
    Options
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Whatttt. I don't play the game and have only ever heard about it through other players here (and the FB spam I get from them), but it looked like it was massively popular.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Whatttt. I don't play the game and have only ever heard about it through other players here (and the FB spam I get from them), but it looked like it was massively popular.
    Well, it's only the Playdom site version, not the FB or mobile versions. Still didn't expect that though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    I bet you're regretting that now. The Playdom.com version got sunsetted while the Facebook version just got Season 2 Chapter 5 and the new Simulator feature.
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm hooked on it. Found it in the App store and downloaded it into my iPad. I know the iPad version is a bit behind the FB version so I'm a bit confused when I read guides and I'm not finding what they're talking about.

Does anyone still play this? Any tips for beginners for the iOS would be welcome. I'm heartbroken to find out my Daredevil is "trash tier". He's my favorite and he's my highest level. I gave in and put some money to buy Elektra icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    i've just started playing MAA... about two days now. It's quite good on fb via a pc. I've tried out the iPhone version today but it is too slow. It also froze my phone completely.

Apparently you can link up your fb account on both platforms BUT the games are entirely separate. That means your stats can't be used between multiple devices. That way, MPQ has done well. If only steam worked with fb. Maybe MPQ should've been a fb game - would've had more success than steam!

As for MAA, it is kinda catchy... nice to play in between dull periods for MPQ.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ToryTory wrote:
    I'm heartbroken to find out my Daredevil is "trash tier".

Wow, what a coincidence, just like in MPQ! Why do game developers loathe him so much? icon_razz.gif
  • ToryTory
    Options
    GumisK wrote:
    ToryTory wrote:
    I'm heartbroken to find out my Daredevil is "trash tier".

Wow, what a coincidence, just like in MPQ! Why do game developers loathe him so much? icon_razz.gif

He's just THAT awesome. It HAS to be a conspiracy!
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Daredevil's not bad in marvel heroes at least
    Unlike Moon Knight who's truly **** in everything icon_e_wink.gif
  • ToryTory
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    Daredevil's not bad in marvel heroes at least
    Unlike Moon Knight who's truly **** in everything icon_e_wink.gif

I'm about to finish the PVP season in vibranium. Top 3% using magneto and daredevil. DD is ok. I know the iOS and FB versions are different so I'm looking forward to the DD changes when/if they come. I'm switching it up later. I'm pretty sure magneto carried me, hard! I'm going to use x23 and Elektra for the next PVP.