PLEASE QUIT WITH ENRAGED

Options
madwren
madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Seriously, give it a gd rest already, Trial of Ambition. Try something new, like SuperCharged. This is silly.

Edit: Apparently, the blue node is not enraged. So, perhaps enraged was an error.

Comments

• Flaricus
    Flaricus Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Really wouldnt mind seeing some other board changes too, maybe seeing the board drop a clue after every turn, or a support that when swapped it causes damage to you or your opponent.  At least something different!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At least the node wanting you to spawn creatures isn't engaged anymore.
    Why not supercharge a node, or just.. Just Don't apply any effects?
  • DuskPaladin
    DuskPaladin Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I totally agree. You know one of the reason why Breaking Point was so appreciated? NO enrage.
  • madwren
    Options

I would be perfectly ok if they had something unique for each node. I could stand an enraged on one node out of 4, sure.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren said:

I would be perfectly ok if they had something unique for each node. I could stand an enraged on one node out of 4, sure.
    That's actually a very interesting idea! Make a proposition?
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You know what's odd?  I just played a match in my blue node, and it wasn't enraged.  (or wasn't labeled as such).  I'll play it again in a moment to double-check

*Edit: Nope, still wasn't enraged.  Odd.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I personally dislike enraged matches. It essentially ONLY caters to quick decks that can kill rapidly. Slow decks that require good building and actual careful thought often have a lesser chance of winnings the match. Also seeing that there are still troll decks out there and they are being used in the events. It's sad to see this already happening.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey, remember when people were all over the forums asking for more enraged matches, because they were fun and quick?  I remember.  I even remember agreeing with them.  All the Devs are doing is what we asked for
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Hey, remember when people were all over the forums asking for more enraged matches, because they were fun and quick?  I remember.  I even remember agreeing with them.  All the Devs are doing is what we asked for

I remember too. 
  • madwren
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

Do you have a link to where people said they wanted enraged in every non-Nodes PVP event going forward across multiple sets?  I don't recall that. I recall everyone being a fan of enraged because it was novel and interesting and made for a new challenge.

Enraged was great as a change of pace in its proper block. It's been eight months. It's time to retire it, and stop skewing the matches towards a specific strategy. Why not reward aggro players for a change instead of punishing them for building fast, efficient decks?

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren said:
    Mburn7 said:

Do you have a link to where people said they wanted enraged in every non-Nodes PVP event going forward across multiple sets?  I don't recall that. I recall everyone being a fan of enraged because it was novel and interesting and made for a new challenge.
    I was being facetious with you, of course I know that when we asked for more enraged we didn't mean every event all the time.  And I agree its annoying, especially with objectives to cast a stupid number of creatures.  I just find it funny that even when the devs listen to us, it just makes everyone even angrier

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've never liked Enraged. Can it go away, already? 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like enraged sometimes, but it is also kind of a "feel bad" mechanic when your opponent is able to knock out your creatures or disable them right before enrage hits and you have little to no time to react before dying. Hypercharge would be a lot of fun to see return.

I also think they could make some other interesting mechanics, like after so many turns, every creature gets -1/-1 at the beginning of turn, or they could add some chaos in the method of applying random status buffs to creatures and removing them from others, things like reach, vigilance, lifelink, defender, or berserker could be given or taken away from random creatures.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

Anyone notice that since the power level has dropped significantly, enraged actually helps you by allowing you to win the match with weaker creatures combined with some control?

I'm noticing a huge paradigm shift.  While I would have 100% agreed with this thread before standard, I'm swaying more towards "let's wait and see".  I find that the enraged helps speed the match up so you can focus on playing creatures for their effects instead of their total attack power.

• KoneIV
    KoneIV Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm not a fan of enraged I find it annoying I understand it has a place but everywhere is not that place
  • J23flo
    J23flo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The problem with enraged is it leaves no time to recover from a poor board state. There are many times when I can see the recovery and would have the time to get there if enraged was not around. Also, as long as Gaea's Revenge is around, enraged shouldn't be. 
  • Monkeynutts85
    Monkeynutts85 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Enranged should left in the SOI block where it belongs. Its annoying. theres no recovery time. i hate it in the new event.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @madwren

perhaps the the event was copied from **** template? Would explain the blue node
  • madwren
    Options
    octal9 said:
    @madwren

perhaps the the event was copied from **** template? Would explain the blue node

A fine theory, sir. I like it.