Vaulting

GoldenArm
GoldenArm Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
By the way, the current vaulting system still blows.

No, I don't want you whales to lose your current precious legends vault format because you don't feel like champing Mr Fantastic.

I just want a viable way to finish covering the older 4*s that I spent time and effort getting to a not-quite-useable level.
(viable means I don't have to spend months of HP for one cover, or pray for the seemingly 1-in-a-million shot that I'll get a 4* or 5* bonus.)

I'm also sick of people telling me I should be happy because, you know, power creep. If that is the case why do I still get demolished in PVP by Iceman, Red Hulk and Phoenix?
Besides which, it's not all about winning. The whole point of games like this is appealing to the hoarder-completist in us all. This is why any of use still have Psylocke.

Sorry for the rant, but I just sold my 20th red Riri cover. If I get another one of those, I may take a puppy's life.

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dude I hear ya, the game kept giving me riri and hobofist, I eventually just broke down and added them to my roster. Guess what, I don't pull them anymore lol Now im pulling gwenpool and mordo consistently. I guess if I keep adding character I don't like to my roster it will give me characters I want.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dude I hear ya, the game kept giving me riri and hobofist, I eventually just broke down and added them to my roster. Guess what, I don't pull them anymore lol Now im pulling gwenpool and mordo consistently. I guess if I keep adding character I don't like to my roster it will give me characters I want.
    That's been a well known (confirmaition bias) feature of MPQ basically forever. The surest way to never see another cover of a character again is to roster them. Especially if you've already pulled and sold 10 of their covers in the past.

;)
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's been a well known (confirmaition bias) feature of MPQ basically forever. The surest way to never see another cover of a character again is to roster them. Especially if you've already pulled and sold 10 of their covers in the past.

;)

Its happened to me so many times I accept it as the truth lol
  • GoldenArm
    edited May 2017
    I have Riri at 2-5-2, so rostering didn't help. When I say I sold my 20th red cover, I mean my 20th unusable cover.
    So I've had 25 in total.

In the time it has taken me to get those 25 red Riri covers, I've scored ONE Iceman cover through bonus drops.

They have squashed the "dilution" ant with a thermonuclear bomb. Sure, it might have taken me a year to cover Iceman with dilution, but at the current bonus drop rate, the new system will mean I have him covered sometime in the year 2057.

Besides which, vaulting has made the universally praised feature of championing completely redundant for 4*s. Once you have 13 covers, why on Earth would you spend any iso on champing? You will never see any extra covers anyway, except for whatever the very latest 4*s are at the time.

You might get a couple of extra levels in before they are vaulted and basically disappear forever.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    why on Earth would you spend any iso on champing? You will never see any extra covers anyway, except for whatever the very latest 4*s are at the time.

You might get a couple of extra levels in before they are vaulted and basically disappear forever.
    To be able to change their skill set up of course. A 5-3-5 Blade is not as fun as a 5-5-3 Blade, so I'm champing him.
    Yeah that's pretty valid.

And even if I only get a few champion levels, I'm not going to say no to a "free" legendary token. Well, a 400k ISO legendary token. But if the situation really is that bad, what else can I spend ISO on?
  • roboto0007
    roboto0007 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I have found myself wondering why they don't just split the characters you can draw amongst the seasons and rotate them instead of highlighting new characters only.  Would it be possible to create a rotation in which you feature something like 4 "classic" characters in addition to the new characters from the previous season? This could give players the opportunity to focus fire and get heroes they really want by saving tokens to spend during seasons with heroes they really want, give an option for powering up new characters, and also help with the issue of dilution.   
  • GoldenArm
    mexus said:
    why on Earth would you spend any iso on champing? You will never see any extra covers anyway, except for whatever the very latest 4*s are at the time.

To be able to change their skill set up of course. A 5-3-5 Blade is not as fun as a 5-5-3 Blade, so I'm champing him.
    Really? Is that it?
    Not all characters have a clear "best" build, and there's a fair chance you'll get the build you want based on the covers you get anyway.

Championing wasn't introduced for the respec feature. We could already do that.
    It was introduced so that covers wouldn't constantly go to waste. There was a definite advantage in championing for the extra levels/bonuses.

And pretty much everyone loved it!

Now covers are going to waste more than ever, and there is no longer a reason to champion most 4*s.