Prioritize skill-usage and AP collection when defending in PVP.

This suggestion must have been up before. I tried searching but didn't find any.
But. Think about this:
Some kind of PVP Defending options, where you can set what tiles your AI team should focus on, and what skills you wish your AI team should spend the AP on etc.

This can be done on so many levels. Like, your defense team is:
Bl4de, Iron Man 40 and Deadpool (3*)
You want to focus on collecting primarily yellow for a Recharge but you don't want either Iron Man or Deadpool to activate their red skills - you just want Bl4de to have his Bloodlust going. So the team focuses on red AP secondarily.

Another great use for this would be if you're using Red Hulk, 
some kind of setting so that he won't trigger his green attack until at least 18 AP has been collected.

Etc.

Etc. 

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is no need for that and the amount of coding it would take would probably break the game. Just think if you want to play against AI that is smarter when the game is already a grind? I sure as hell don't. 

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep. If that second problem is solved (battles you don't play that cost you the progression) then we can start talking about more challenging PvP.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Magic said:
    There is no need for that and the amount of coding it would take would probably break the game. Just think if you want to play against AI that is smarter when the game is already a grind? I sure as hell don't. 

I wouldn't mind the extra challenge.
    Loosing battles I actively play isn't my main trouble in PVP - loosing battles I don't play is.
    So you're clearly hoping that this system will allow you to win more battles on defense than it will cause you to lose battles that you're playing so that you'll net more points. And presumably you somehow still need to come out even on health packs. That's one thing about defensive losses; they don't cost you health packs. 

But it can't work that way for everyone, unless they change the entire system of how points are won or lost in PVP. And if they do that, then they don't even need to tinker with the AI: you could get more points without having to lose more while playing. (Which, I believe, is Magic's second point here)
  • OrionKannan
    OrionKannan Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    I think there is potential out of this idea; however, instead of giving multiple options, they could go with only 2.
    1) Offence - focus on strongest colour (pretty much what we have now)
    2) Defense - focus on denying your opponents strongest colour.