Time for 5* rewards

Ok...it's time to add the 5*s to the champ reward chain....there are easily enough now AND it would vastly increase the desire/need to chase 4*s you already have champed. I'm pretty confident that if Eddie Brock gave 5* Thanos or Black Bolt covers he would be on most people's favorite list even though they never play with him.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realistically it would be a single cover, at level 370.
    Not sure how much that would help at that stage of your roster.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rich get richer 
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Why not 3 covers all the way up the chain like the other champs? One of each color spaced out over the whole thing. Just think It'd be nice to have a way to get 5*s besides opening LTs and praying for a miracle...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why not 3 covers all the way up the chain like the other champs? One of each color spaced out over the whole thing. Just think It'd be nice to have a way to get 5*s besides opening LTs and praying for a miracle...
    There is a way. It costs 720 CP.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Assumes you get the first cover to start with, Bow :smile:.

Still haven't ever seen a Thanos cover to save my life...
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:
    720 / 20 = 36 chances at a random 5*. odds of getting one you need is 1:7 of getting 1 of 11 characters, each having 3 covers, so 1/7 * 1/33, isn't that like a 1/231 chance of getting what you want?

Moral of the story: If you want random 5*'s, go ahead and roll for them. If you need a specific one, you'll want to save CP
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be in favor of system to acquire the first cover of each color for each 5* in a non-random way (at an appropriate point in the game). We're not breaking any metagames by allowing everyone a reliable 1/1/1 of eventually all 5*s.

They could even do it for just the "classic" 5*s, which would also help (to a small degree) the increasingly tiny chance of actually pulling that one OML yellow cover that you've never ever gotten, while leaving the Latest Legends "special," which I'm sure they'd like to do.