New Player here, wanted to share my opinion about the game.

2»

Comments

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    Ares is awesome, but a two-star farm is even better. A neverending stream of Resources instead of wasted covers.
    Not to mention you're going to want all of those characters anyway to avoid being locked out of the Big Burrito (although if you're still in the 2* - 3* transition, that's admittedly less of a concern). A lot of the pain of the transition phases is coming up with HP for new slots to roster new characters -- a farm can definitely help ease that pressure a lot, especially if you can't consistently hit placement to get HP in PvE or PvP.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards

I track my token pulls and haven't noticed any change in the Elites.  It's about 75%/25%.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to mention that the elite token odds are posted right on the screen. 

(whereas LR match reward odds aren't posted anywhere, is my point)
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir said:

Its worth noting that PvE AND PvE have scaling that should handicap you to a level in which you can be competitive in both...  

PvE simply scales the level of the enemies you face, and PvP has a match making system that does a reasonable job of pitting you against players of similar roster.

That made my day. Good joke, mate.

If you're in the 2*-3* transition 500 PvP points is totally doable, and you will not be constantly getting slammed by level 550 5* champions thanks to the match making system.  You will get some fights that are doable and some that are out of your league, but its completely different from what you would see if you were in the 3*-4* transition, which is completely different than what you would see if you had multiple championed 5*s.

D3/Demi definitely does some stupid stuff, but they don't get enough credit for having a system where completely new players and 4+ year vets play together.

Most games have the sense not to try, cause its going to be nearly impossible to balance/scale, but this is the case of the problem being hard and the solution not being great, but far better than other games that just throw new accounts in with everyone that's been playing for years.

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Alsmir said:

Its worth noting that PvE AND PvE have scaling that should handicap you to a level in which you can be competitive in both...  

PvE simply scales the level of the enemies you face, and PvP has a match making system that does a reasonable job of pitting you against players of similar roster.

If you're in the 2*-3* transition 500 PvP points is totally doable, and you will not be constantly getting slammed by level 550 5* champions thanks to the match making system.  You will get some fights that are doable and some that are out of your league, but its completely different from what you would see if you were in the 3*-4* transition, which is completely different than what you would see if you had multiple championed 5*s.

D3/Demi definitely does some stupid stuff, but they don't get enough credit for having a system where completely new players and 4+ year vets play together.

Most games have the sense not to try, cause its going to be nearly impossible to balance/scale, but this is the case of the problem being hard and the solution not being great, but far better than other games that just throw new accounts in with everyone that's been playing for years.

Agree with this.  It has its flaws, but overall does a nice job shielding new players so they stick around longer.  I'm a 5* player and I **** about the MMR, so if new players are **** too you really have to concede that it's kind of working pretty well.......
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir said:

Agree with this.  It has its flaws, but overall does a nice job shielding new players so they stick around longer.  I'm a 5* player and I tinykitty about the MMR, so if new players are tinykitty too you really have to concede that it's kind of working pretty well.......

I'm usually critical, but I just think its easy to gloss over how hard a problem it is to put all the players into a handicapping or adaptive matching system and have anything other than a trainwreck...  Easily the most impressive (even tho its FAR FAR from perfect) aspect of this game to me. (goes for MMR and PvE scaling)
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker

I understand that very high level players will have a much powerful Rooster and will have multiple victory messages after their fights. But for new players, this message is shouting "STAY AWAY FROM PVP!!!".

3. Other than that, I find the RNG a bit too harsh. Especially the "Elite" covers. 95% of the time I got Ares. Nothing else. At least an option to immediately sell covers when they are unboxed would be nice. Each time I have to go back to the Rooster, than claim, and then find the hero, and then sell it.

--------------- This said, I think this game could be way more successful by easing up on its "pay to win" side and instead, pushing players to play more.

Maybe you should consider Blizzard's approach to your marketing strategy. The reason I say that is because the game really has a huge potential to be mainstream, and is way better than other pay to win games, and yet, its marketing doesn't reflect that quality.

The "Heroes for Hire" is a great step in the right direction.

gl hf!
    I will have you know, that strangers who don't even know what MPQ is, bow down and break into tears at the sight of my powerful rooster.

Secondly, you keep throwing around "pay to win." There are tons of players, just in this forum, who have been playing for years with very little or no cost at all (not that i get the bragging about it...)
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Alsmir said:

I also suspect a hidden nerf. I used to pull 3* from elites quite often, but not anymore. I might even start making notes about my pulls. So far I'm at 2x 3* from 16 elite pulls.

I once counted up to seventeen pulls without getting a 3* token.  They went from being decent to absolute trash.

As far as PVP goes, you really have to decide if you are the sort of person that deals with frustrating setbacks with relative ease or does it really get on your nerves.  It wouldn't be bad at all if you could stop the animations in the games, but you have to sit through that **** (just imagine what it's like to fight two peggys and two carnages - just starting the game is a performance).   You will get up to 880 - something with relative ease at some point and then you will try for a cover you really want and you will constantly be knocked back and it won't even register that you were hit for a while, it just shows your points suddenly lowered and you think "****" because you are expecting the cover at the end, but you are constantly playing another game and another and then get hit by three people and you're suddenly down a hundred.  You have to know that this can and will happen at some point.  If you can deal with that, you're ok.