When will 5-Star Lord enter Latest Legends?

The Viceroy Returns
The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I currently have 14 Latest Legends and about 800 CP.
I want to try and get as many covers as I can for my 3 3 1 Thanos, so I was wondering when he will get kicked out of the Latest Pool and 5 Star Lord comes in.
I'll be hording for a good while probably after that, as I think he's very low tier for a 5 Star character,

I was thinking maybe some time today when the shift happens, but I might be off a week.  Any ideas?

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    In about an hour or two?
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    I'm hoarding until suck lord leaves. Really wish I had started earlier, cause now I'm going to miss out on thanos. I've only got him with 4 black. 
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    Well, I just went in and out of 53 total pulls, I only got TWO 5 Stars...

At least one of them was a Thanos, but looks like mine will be stuck at 3 3 2 forever until they fix the RNG hell that is 5 Star acquisition... 

At the very least, as a stopgap fix, they need to institute a "guaranteed 5 star pull" if you've had X number of pulls in a row without a 5 star.  10 would be the number.  
    I've seen other mobile games with RNG machines like this have it.  A 10% (15, whichever it is these days) isolated chance is way too low.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    They definitely need a misery counter to put a floor on bad LT luck.  Something like a 15% drop rate but never more than 10-15 LT pulls without a 5*.

Also, viceroy, Thanos may stay in tokens until this thursday, since his special LT store ran a bit longer than normal because of the special PVE event.  afaik it's unconfirmed by demi though, so pulling today is safer.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I'm hoarding until suck lord leaves.

I will try to do the same; Id rather not "waste" a 5* pull on starlord. As a bonus, i will set it so i get rid of mordo and riri!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

When 4's and 3's are being vaulted (season end), we get a very helpful announcement. Is it possible to have official word on 5's moving to Classic with the date?  It is less frequent, but seems like a helpful communication.  Thanks for considering it.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards

It's hard to say for sure, we've had two new 5*s since they announced that they would wait two weeks until they added the new 5* into the tokens.  For the first one, Black Panther, they added him two weeks later on a Tuesday when the "data push" happened (you get a loading screen with a % countup but did not update.)  However, in that case, Monday was a US holiday, and there was no data push. The second one, Hawkeye, was added on the data push on Monday two weeks after the event.

We did just get the Data Push about an hour ago, and Thanos is still in the tokens, so I dunno this time.  They have done two Data Pushes in the same day, so I suspect it will still happen today.  Maybe tomorrow.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @bluewolf

New 5-Star characters are rotated into Latest Legends 2 weeks after their store ends, so I believe Star-Lord should be rotated in on the 19th.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby - huh, I figured it would be today. Thanks for the information!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh, his store lasted a week after his release?   That doesn't seem correct, but whatever, I'll take the extra 4 days.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    His store stayed open through his mini-event
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    His store stayed open through his mini-event
    Gotta try and sell those extra tokens for that one required 5* SL node worth 5k iso. :wink:
  • GrimSkald
    Brigby said:
    @bluewolf

New 5-Star characters are rotated into Latest Legends 2 weeks after their store ends, so I believe Star-Lord should be rotated in on the 19th.

Interesting. I believe in the case of Black Panther and Hawkeye the store closed immediately after the event ended - so because Star Lord had a mini-event running, they're shifting it for a few days.

Makes sense.  It's nice to get a firm date on this.

• Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017

Maybe change the title of the thread to 'when is SL going to leave latest ledge packs. ?’

Ive been hoarding a little while ( 69 ledge 1321 cp ) and id like to get some thanos covers but im 2/13 atm. I don’t think in 120 pulls ill be lucky enough to pull 11 thanos covers so im forced to hoard a bit longer. Now lets say we get a new 5 star a month, we are looking at maybe 3 more months until SL leaves the latest ledge and also we need to hope that whoever replaces him is at least half decent otherwise it will be a total waste of time

I wonder if they take note on how many latest ledge are done before and after thanos leaving and sl arriving and if that will help them tweak him because the general consensus is he is a pile of Richard.

• GrimSkald
    Yoik said:

Maybe change the title of the thread to 'when is SL going to leave latest ledge packs. ?’

Ive been hoarding a little while ( 69 ledge 1321 cp ) and id like to get some thanos covers but im 2/13 atm. I don’t think in 120 pulls ill be lucky enough to pull 11 thanos covers so im forced to hoard a bit longer. Now lets say we get a new 5 star a month, we are looking at maybe 3 more months until SL leaves the latest ledge and also we need to hope that whoever replaces him is at least half decent otherwise it will be a total waste of time

I wonder if they take note on how many latest ledge are done before and after thanos leaving and sl arriving and if that will help them tweak him because the general consensus is he is a pile of Richard.

Two weeks from when the store closes on the third 5* from now.  They've actually been pretty consistent on the timing for the 5*s lately - every six weeks.  So we're probably talking 18 weeks (4 and a half months) from either yesterday or Friday, depending on when the store on that last 5* ends.

Bit of a long time, if you ask me.  I'll probably stop pulling Latest if I fully cover him - I'm not going to squawk if I cover him (they may buff him, after all,) but I won't spend Iso on him unless he's worth it or I have nothing better to spend that Iso on (hah!)

• Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    GrimSkald said:
    Yoik said:

Two weeks from when the store closes on the third 5* from now.  They've actually been pretty consistent on the timing for the 5*s lately - every six weeks.  So we're probably talking 18 weeks (4 and a half months) from either yesterday or Friday, depending on when the store on that last 5* ends.

Bit of a long time, if you ask me.  I'll probably stop pulling Latest if I fully cover him - I'm not going to squawk if I cover him (they may buff him, after all,) but I won't spend Iso on him unless he's worth it or I have nothing better to spend that Iso on (hah!)

True. It is an overly long time. But I guess it depends on your plans and roster.

I have no 5 stars fully covered. I think SS is at 10 covers but I’m not that interested in levelling him.  If I include Gamora I have 41/50 4 stars champed. I don’t want to pull any dupes I don’t have iso for so it makes sense to hoard them. I may cave in the end. I’ve never actually been in this position or hoarded before so I don’t know.

When you say 4.5 months that puts it into perspective. I mean ill have close to 6k cp and 150 Ledge tokens by then. That’s just insane…………………………….Still no Iso tho

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Soooooo, where is Star-Lord? (not that I actually want him to be in tokens...  :D)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl said:
    Soooooo, where is Star-Lord? (not that I actually want him to be in tokens...  :D)
    Data push needed.  Give it an hour or three.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got the push....so long, Thanos.  
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooo!
This discussion has been closed.